Sesame Steak Sauce & Slaw

1. Lovely! I’m going to have to tell you that I am absolutely in love with your blue & white plates too. 🙂

2. Welcome back Angie and I think this is absolutely the perfect meal. Love the Asian flavors, love steak, slaw. Well you get the drift I like everything about it, it also looks so pretty!!!

3. koolaidmoms says:

Looks delicious! Now I am thinking about grilling out!

4. Shari says:

Oh my! This looks amazing, Angie! I was looking at the ingredients in both the sauce and the slaw, and they must taste incredible. What a gourmet meal! Love that it can be done so quickly, too. Definintely saving this recipe. Thank you!

Thanks, Shari! You gotta try it; you won’t be sorry! The sauce is good with pork, too. I tried it with pork tenderloin and it was amazing! 😋😋

5. Nancy says:

First of all…you do realize mom and sister now know you’re trying to unplan your visit? Lol…you outed yourself. 😉
    And this meal? Wow! Your time away has served your readers well if it means we too can make this meal in two blinks! Delicious flavors, Angie! Pinning and adding the needed ingredient to my shopping list… Thank you!

The good thing is they don’t always read my blog, and if they do, this is easier than telling them in person, lol. Mom actually called this afternoon and I was like…uhm…let me see if I can find cheap tickets 😄😄 Let me know when you try this, ok?

6. Lovely Angie – I’m a big fan of slaws and whip up a huge one at least once weekly. But I am in a bit of a slaw rut using the same dressings – so live your inspiration here especially throwing in the sesame seeds!

I love slaws, too! Unfortunately I’m the only one at home. But everybody did like this sesame slaw. Or maybe it was because I served it with grilled steak 😄😄 I hope you’re having fun cohosting!

7. Where in California Angie? Don’t you want to get away from that hot muggy midwest weather? I think they would demand you come and come cook for them! This looks delicious.

They’re in Pasadena, Liz. And I think you’re right about me having to cook for them. I’m definitely the better cook. I hope they don’t go thru the comments 😄 I heard it’s been dry and hot there though.

8. That’s the way I like my steak, seared on the outside and a little pink on the inside. Panic when I first saw the flames and the steak in the middle! I love slaws of all kinds, unfortunately there are not many members in my family who join me 🙂

Same here with slaws. I’m the only one who likes it at home. But served this way, in a sandwich, even my son asked for seconds! The flame was just there only briefly, lol…but I’m glad I was able to capture it! I’m surprised nobody else has commented on it! 😂😂

9. michelleoblogoff says:

Angie these have left me wanting some now! 😀. I was studying for a new job last night and decided to order Chinese delivery last night. Big mistake, I am left disappointed today (I knew better but I had to feed the kids)
    Thanks for the recipe!
    Michelle

Hahaha…Michelle! I know the feeling, been there done that myself. Nothing’s better than homecooked meals, right?! But on those busy nights, sigh… Let’s make it up on the weekends! 😄😄

Wow Angie, you’ve outdone yourself, but we’ve come to expect nothing but the best from you :). Love the Asian inspired spices in the steak and heavens above, your pictures have me salivating. Your plating is terrific, as are all your other props. Terrific job, well done! Enjoy your time off before you go back to school, or you’ll be wishing you went to California when the schools open 🙂

Hi, Loretta! Where you been, girl?! Let me guess, traveling? And having too much fun? 😄😄 Good for you! Just don’t forget us, that’s all, lol. Thanks for the compliments; you’re just so sweet! Luv ya! Great to see you here! 😘😘

• Loretta says:

Angie, you’re spot on…I was out of the country for a bit visiting my family in England, and then a side trip to Portugal. (I took a baking course there and learned how to make the famous Portuguese tarts). I’ve been rather sporadic with my blogging since my return and of course did not blog while I was away. But not to worry, I cannot forget our Fiesta Friday friends, I’ll be back with a vengeance, just you wait! 🙂

Excellent, Loretta! After all you gotta to share the fun with us, and you’ve had so much of it! 😄😄 Looking forward!

The slaw sounds great but oh that sauce! I am off first thing tomorrow morning to get some charcoal, the weatherman says there will be sunshine later this week and I know what I will be making! It just sounds so delicious 🙂 xx

The sauce is the best! I used dark soy sauce for the one pictured here but you don’t have to, regular soy sauce is fine. Let me know what you think! 😃

Wonderful recipes, Angie!! We have been grilling up a storm this summer, so this really appeals to me! And I love the Asian flavours you have presented! Yum! 😀

13. What a beautiful dish Angie! I just love the char of the grill and this sauce looks amazing. I love slaw and the crunch that it adds to dishes too! Pinning!

14. whooah! look at that flaming steak! Absolutely love the use of sesame! Yum, yum!

Ohh-la-la! The photos, the steak, the slaw! I love everything. And oh that sauce!! You know that I’d take this with a good cup of white rice! 😛

16. Angie, I ‘m full of lunch and this made me hungry!

17. Linda says:

This is my kind of meal Angie! Love everything about it…the steak, the slaw, the sauce AND the help!! 🙂

18. vintagekittycom says:

Wow this looks fantastic! Love a flexible meal because sometime I want the carbs sometimes I don’t.