Spicy Shrimp Skewers for Super Bowl 50

1. That is an interesting question. I, myself, consider my blog a food blog (and thus, me a food blogger?) but I don’t stage anything. It goes down how it goes down and hence the reason my photographs are usually not great…because I am focusing on eating the food before it gets cold (and it is usually already dark). I think the answer to your question is, well, I guess your question wasn’t aimed at me since I don’t qualify for someone that has already posted about super bowl food (so, never mind, nothing to listen to here; just rambling).

No, you must answer, Stacey! Lol! I’m just curious how other bloggers schedule their posts. For instance, I have never been able to do a Thanksgiving post before Thanksgiving! You don’t expect me to cook 2 turkeys in a week’s time, do you? I’d be turkeyed out before the actual day! πŸ˜€

2. This is such a great question and honestly one of the reasons I’ve had such a hard time balancing blogging and real life! From what I’ve read and seen others do, one great solution is to post real life as it happens and do a “follow up” in this instance of Super Bowl posts from years past. So next year you’d post the previous Super Bowl recipe plus others that would work as football related foods.

So curious to see what everyone else does!!! Great topic and also the shrimp look fabulous!

I think that’s a great idea, Michaela! Once I have more recipes on the blog, I can just offer what I’ve done in the past. It’s just weird that as food bloggers we always have to celebrate special days ahead of everyone else. By the time the actual day rolls around, I’m usually already not in the mood, haha… But not tonight! My husband won’t forgive me if we don’t have a party! Even just for us and a neighbor.

Super yummy, Angie! Well, I hate football, so Super Bowl for me – ever! No cooking, no cleaning up and no worrying about what to cook! But have fun, anyway! πŸ˜‰

I’m not crazy about football either, unless someone I like or hate (haha…) is playing. I’m keeping things simple tonight. We only have one guest, but trust me, between him and the husband and sometimes the kids mix in there too, it gets very loud! ?

4. That looks super tasty Angie! πŸ™‚

5. As a Brit we don’t go in for the whole Super Bowl thing but I might just have to use it as an excuse to make these skewers, they look tasty!
    Tania @ http://www.thegammonkitchen.wordpress.com

I guess you guys are more into rugby and soccer? I used to love watching Beckham (Bend it like Beckham, lol) but you’re right, it’s an excuse to eat and have a party! ?

6. I would love to be at your super bowl party, for the food of course. I don’t watch sports so who to root for, well I don’t even know who is playing. I do know Bruno Mars (love him) and Cold Play will be there. However, nothing gets in the way of Downton Abbey so I will have to DVR the half time show if it interferes with my DA. Love your shrimp Angie, they look incredible and adorable on those skewers. The scattering of the black and white sesame seeds on the skewers looks so beautiful. I am rooting for you!!

It’s going to be tough tonight! For me also DA comes first, then Bruno, then the game. I guess the guys can have the big TV downstairs and I can watch DA in my own room. I’m making sliders tonight, easy peasy. I told the husband to just buy dessert. He’s already bought the chips & dips last night. There’s too much food!!

Beautiful spicy shrimp Angie. Well done darlin’ ……but I’m with Nancy when it comes to today’s event. I guess I never really did understand the game, nor ever wanted to learn either. Why do they blow that darn whistle so much? But the excitement of the game all over is great. I love the half-time shows, can I ask you to give me a tinkle (ring) at half-time, so I don’t have to sit through that entire game? LOL I just hope Bruno Mars doesn’t get in the way of DA, love both :). As for scheduling posts? I have now come to the conclusion that my cooking (the day I want to blog) should be done in the mornings. So yes, I do cook in the mornings, so that my pictures will show well against the natural daylight. I know you don’t have that luxury. I’m on my own during the day, and can take my time photographing and styling it all, before anyone gets in the way. Of course the downside of it is that I have to re-heat it all again for dinner, but at least I’ve got the blog out of the way πŸ™‚ Enjoy your game Nancy, those apps and presentation look tickety-boo!

Oops, I meant enjoy your game Angie and family :)I know Nancy won’t be watching either πŸ™‚

I think you meant Suzanne, lol Loretta! Did you have your coffee this morning, lol! I can’t function until I have my cup! I’m not so much into football myself, actually. But my husband is a sports fanatic!! That TV is perpetually on sports channels!! And he’ll be so disappointed if there’s nothing to eat tonight ?

9. Love these shrimpies! We are invited to 3 parties tonight and we are staying home. It’s a school night right? I’m with you in that I am bored if I don’t have anyone that I am interested in watching. I think this appetizer would be delicious anytime!

A friend invited us, too, but they live half an hour away and we’re too lazy to go! So it’s just us and an “orphaned” single neighbor tonight ? This is an easy app, Julie, and quick. The hardest part is the skewering, even that it’s not so bad. Love easy recipes!

10. milkandbun says:

If you want to share a recipe that you think other bloggers will cook for Valentine or other special day, better to post if before this day and yes- you have to eat all those cakes and turkey twice! πŸ˜€ ( (but probably is the main word; honestly, I think almost everybody already has a menu/plans for that big day in their heads))
    or you can share the recipe on this Day too – I think many recipes we can use/cook for other special occasions as well or even during weekends, why not. So, my opinion is to post when you have a time for that! πŸ™‚

I hear you, Mila. It’s so hard being a food blogger, right?! ?? Not to mention I sometimes want to eat boring things like toasts and bagels for days! Or in my house, every other day the boys want to have burgers. It’d be pretty hilarious if I post only toasts and burgers, lol!

11. These delicious skewers would be PERFECT with Jap Chae noodles! Definitely making them!

Yes, they would be! They use almost the same flavorings except for the hoisin sauce. I think next time I’ll make these, I’ll definitely make japcahe, too. Thanks for the idea! πŸ™‚

I don’t hate or like sports. When I was in high school, I always pretend that I have this very strong migraine so I cannot play. I was very clumsy (and still am) and I always feel shy to try and get my knees dirty. Until now, I feel that I am scared to play (except badminton). This explains why I don’t watch or get interested in sports although I really wanted to get involved.

I am with those bloggers who plan what to make for Valentine’s or any occasion three weeks earlier. But this time is different, I don’t have anything Valentine-related post, given those 1km long list of recipes to try. πŸ˜€ I can’t manage my time anymore after the additional working hours I have.

Anyway, you have to make another batch of these, Angie. I can see that they’re soon to be gone. πŸ˜€ They look really delicious and your photos are torturing me! πŸ˜€

I’m with those bloggers, too. I plan 3 weeks in advance. Key word, PLAN, haha… Then of course I’d be too lazy to DO! I need to start following through with my own plan if I want to take this blogging seriously. Or is blogging never to be taken seriously? ?

13. Love shrimp any way I can get it – how unique to thread them this way! My Super Bowl post this year was chili and cornbread vessels to serve it in. I only lost a few cornbread cups. I put the chili back in the containers to save for football. The other was crudites which were very easy to save until Super Bowl. In the past I have been late to FF and posted recipes on Sunday instead of Friday πŸ™‚

I need to check out your cornbread cups, they sound like something I would enjoy making and serving. Great to hear you were able to post on time. Scheduling posts is something I struggle with ?

14. Linda says:

The shrimp skewers look delicious Angie! In regards to your comment at the bottom; I have a calendar set up for the year with ideas – and as I bake or cook something I knock it off my ‘idea calendar’, photograph it and post it. I try to have a minimum of four posts in my queue so that I am not ‘rushed’ to post something on my day…if my posting ‘day’ lands on a holiday, I have already made something appropriate for that day and either make it again or do something different that is still appropriate for the holiday…make sense?! Have a great week! πŸ™‚

15. The shrimps look amazing!

16. Karen says:

Your shrimp look absolutely irritable. I’d make sure to sit right in front of them at any event they were served.