Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes

1. Thought I recognised your cupcake and pineapple flowers. Normally I have a really bad memory for…well, most things. Oddly, I’ll recognise the written word. Like sitting down to read a book, only to realise from the first sentence that I’ve read it already. Yep, that’s happened. Anyway, I’ve been updating some of mine as well. As I’d never liked the photos to begin with. Probably still don’t! 🙂 But, importantly, I like the recipes.

I have a pretty good memory and I remember many stunning photos from your blog. Many, many! And your pretty plates, etc. I hope you didn’t delete any! So much work going into the photos! I have been paid for an old photo on the blog, btw. Lots of money for one! One of these days I’ll tell the story. So, don’t delete!

• Well done you! No, I haven’t deleted. Most originals have been kept – to taunt me! 🙂 Sometimes it’s good to look back. You’re highlighting the importance of revisiting recipes, and making sure they’re at their best. Ultimately, aren’t the recipes, in a way, the crown itself? And the photos, when they work, jewels. Hahaha! Should’ve slept more. 🙂

2. Madie says:

These cupcakes are so beautiful! Can I use butter or canola oil instead of coconut oil?

Thanks, Madie! Yes, you can use canola oil or melted butter. The coconut oil, however, gives the cupcakes the coconut flavor and aroma. But you can also achieve the same result with coconut extract. Let us know how they turn out for you!

3. Angie, I’d love to know the answers to those exact same questions! I’ve been tempted to re-photograph for a number of posts, but (like you’ve said) some of them rank quite highly on google image (and general) searches.
    Your cupcakes look like perfection in all manner of ways… and what stunning photos! M.xx

I think updating by adding new photos is okay, but deleting then replacing is not. I think. Not 100% sure. I feel it’s okay to repeat recipes if you find new ways to improve. After all we often make the same dish multiple times, in real life, right? Often tweaking as we go. I’m sure your followers would appreciate the extra tips and improvements.

4. Well done, Angie! :-)) I am seriously impressed!! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

5. Shari Kelley says:

These pineapple flowers are so beautiful and unique! I love them. I’m so glad to know I’m not the only one with lots of questions. Maybe you should start another website with all of the answers you find out, Angie! You would have a lot of grateful bloggers out there!:)

• Shari Kelley says:

Oh, and I also wanted to say that I have so many posts and pictures that make me cringe and some of them are not that long ago!:(

If I ever find the answers to these questions, Shari, I will definitely share, with or without another website. I can’t even imagine how I would handle another one! And thanks for the compliment on the pineapple flowers. They’re pretty easy to do, I hope you’ll give them a try! 🙂