Beignets for Valentine’s Day

1. weebirdie says:

The name, “fat Tuesday” still makes me smile somehow. Pancake Tuesday for us here in UK. ☺ can you eat anything fatty for fat Tuesday? Or just sweet fatty things? I love to munch on some of those cute beignets, but I am sure I wont be able to stop once I start!

• You can eat anything you want on Fat Tuesday! It’s the last day before Lenten fasting begins. I’m giving up French fries this year, will be tough! So glad you like the beignets. I’m like you, once I started on them, I couldn’t stop! ??

2. tastasty says:

What a delightful looking dessert – love it! 😀

3. Sophie33 says:

I knew that when you do a lovely recipe, you always make it a bit more specula,..;And that is why, I love you! x Ha! Lovely nuttily filled home-made beignets! Yes, mam! x

4. A_Boleyn says:

I love beignets. I first had them in New Orleans at the Cafe du Monde and years later, when my nephew visited, he brought back a bag of the beignet mix for me to make a batch. It was almost as good as those I remembered though I missed the chicory coffee they served with the beignets.

5. Beignet are a weakness of mine, well fried dough in general. I want to make these so badly but am afraid I will eat the whole batch myself. I would love one with a cup of cafe au lait. When I was in New Orleans for a week I went to Cafe Du Monde every single day sometimes twice a day to have beignet, oh my they were delicious.

• I know exactly how you feel! As soon as we ate the last one, my family and I were looking for more, and I was contemplating making another batch. It was easy to make but it wouldn’t have been wise at all to do it! Lol! ??

6. wendylime says:

OMG! These look amazing! I can’t wait to give them ago. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

7. Fat Tuesday – daughter asked for Selma buns…. I didn’t make them 🙁

8. These look sensational, I want to pick one out of the picture and eat it.

9. They look so yummy Angie! I hope you had amazing and relaxing moment eating these beignets!

10. Grew up eating beignets made fresh by my French maman. Never saw a store bought doughnut yet never made them myself! Shame! Your recipe looks easy Angie. It does seem like every Feb celebration was jammed together this year!!!

How lucky! I didn’t have as much sweet treats growing up. My mom was, and still is, into healthy eating, whole grain that sort of thing. But as soon as I was able to cook, I started rebelling and making my own desserts, haha… I agree, February seems to always be so jam packed, probably since it’s a short month. This IS a very easy recipe, and fool proof! Happy Valentine’s Day! XOXO

11. Maria says:

These little heart-shaped beignets are so cute (and they look so tasty). I’ve never made my own donuts (or beignets) before but I’d love to try this method. You make it look so simple. Happy Valentine’s Day!

Oh this is very easy, Maria! Guaranteed fool proof! Not the healthiest, coz of the frying but hey, once a year should be ok. And if you make it yours you can use healthier oil ? Happy Valentine’s Day to you, too! ❤️❤️

12. omg…I must make these now….and i thought i was done with all crazy cooking for the day 🙁

13. I ADORE Beinets. That was one of my favorite parts of visiting New Orleans. Happy Valentines Day Angie!

14. anitacuisine says:

Love the story and beignets …..oh my they look delicious !!! I have to make this tomorrow ! I will come back with the feedback ! 🙂

Thank you!! Now I do have another beignet recipe that’s normally my go-to recipe, but it requires chilling in the fridge for many hours. Supposedly that makes the beignets puff even more, but this one is wonderful as well. Can’t wait to find out what you think!! ??