1. Well hello! Surprise!!! It’s me ? I think down sizing to one blog is a good decision and it will be lovely to mix and mingle with your new readers. I have every belief that you will get it completely sussed and be the all knowing blog-set-up-superstar before too long xx

2. Mandi says:

Happy FF Angie πŸ™‚ I reckon you’ve got the right idea with the blogs and your Novice Gardener followers would be nuts not to follow this too!

3. yeah! its weekend already for me with this party πŸ™‚ Happy FF Angie and a good weekend.

4. You have been busy Angie, exciting times & you’re right there’s so much to learn. I don’t know how you managed to work on 2 blogs, I struggle to find time for one. Look forward to seeing your new posts. Happy FF & have a great weekend x

If you can manage with less than 5 hrs sleep, then there’s time, lol! Yup, I’m working on new posts, too. It’s going to be a cooking weekend. Might as well, a foot of snow is predicted.

5. Beautiful line up of dishes. I will be late or have to sit this one out depending on whether I can get everything prepared for snowmagedon that will be hitting us tomorrow, I think merging the sites is 100% necessary and will make your life much easier. Hopefully see you at the party later.

6. Big decision to merge the blogs and a lot of work but I think probably the right decision – will certainly make it easier for you in the long run. Good luck! Love all the features – many are ones I would have chosen too!

7. Lily says:

Wow, tough decision, but the right thing to do. I can only imagine how time consuming it is to manage 2 blogs and host a fabulous virtual party every week also! Always grateful to you for Fiesta Fridays. I look forward to it every week – thanks:)

I think it is a great decision to merge the two blogs and focus on one. Like you said there might be a lot of overlap as both are your products. I always wondered how you managed to so efficiently maintain both blogs. I think I should contact you for improving my blog now!;)

9. Congrats Angie. That has to be a weight lifted from your shoulder. Who new the work and things we had to know to do this. I’m glad you are keeping this great group of partiers together!

10. Angie
    I would suggest that pay them to mov your blog. I did it myself and under the experts guidance and eventually they did move for me and I didn’t pay them anything….but the end result was mess. I lost so many pictures from older posts or they were there but didn’t show, so I had to save those pictures and reload them. I still keep visiting my older posts to correct them or re do them.

And thank you for letting me host. I am excited to be in company of Petra :).

11. Lovely, lovely features this week! Those empanadas are something I want to try!

I totally understand about the need to focus on one blog. I had a more personal blog in addition to my food blog, but I only have time for the food blog these days. One day I’d like to move my WordPress-hosted blog to be self-hosted, so I am following your transition with great interest. My big question is whether a self-hosted blog will result in more web traffic?

That’s a difficult question to answer, Julia. Many factors affect web traffic. I do know one thing, WP.com is a highly optimized search engine platform, making it easier for you to get traffic, plus the instant connections with other WP.com users. However, with hard work, like anything else, eventually you’ll gain presence and traffic. The motivating factor to many is that you can now earn from a self-hosted blog. I’m not an expert of course, but this is honestly what I think. πŸ™‚

12. Hi Angie,

Thanks for the party and thanks to both co-host Sonal and Petra.

Hey Angie! This is a great idea to merge the two. I’m glad you told us because I was beginning to wonder why I was getting your older posts… not that I mind at all because they are all scrumptious! Your blog is really looking awesome, by the way! I’d say that you know a lot about it!

I’m happy with the progress so far, but I still need a few more things done to my satisfaction. Nah, who am I kidding, it’d probably never be done! Most of the republished posts have been updated. Better-written recipes, I think.

14. I like the idea of condensing the blogs. I learn something new about blogging pretty much everyday haha! Have a great weekend and Happy FF!

But I find it exciting! All this learning. We’ll be snowed in this weekend, we’ll try to stay warm πŸ™‚ I hope you’ll be warm where you are!

15. Good decision to merge Angie. Is this Joe’s Crab Shack in Jacksonville FL? They cakes look awesome! Stay warm and safe in the coming storm,❄️?❄️

No, local Joe’s Crab Shack. We love it! They have this appetizer called Great Balls of Fire and they’re very good! I have a post on that @TheNoviceGardener. I’m going to see if I can update, maybe new pictures and then publish here at Fiesta Friday. My recipe was good! That was the recipe that was plagiarized! πŸ™‚

Good idea Angie, I think I have both the blogs on one site now, or hopefully I do anyway (yours I mean). You guys are waaaaay too advanced for me. Self-host, host, etc.etc. I feel I’m quite content, just visiting FF each week, and posting something once or twice a week. But I do want to change my theme, and feel a tad intimidated to even do that, as I’d need to make other changes once it has been switched. Oh well, glad you finally managed to work things out at your end. Stay safe this weekend. I’m all set, I re-stocked the liquor cabinet and got chocolate! What else does one need? πŸ™‚

Lol, you’re hilarious! And here Suzanne and I thought we did everything right by getting 3 dz eggs! I should have done inventory on the liquor supply instead! Changing themes should be fine. WP is user friendly. Go for it!

17. It’s insanely difficult to maintain one blog. You’re amazing to be able to manage two all this time. There’s always so much to learn about blogging. And it’s hard to do it when you have your day job too. If you install Jetpack plug in and link Novice Gardener to Fiesta Friday through your log in, you can transfer the followers over. =)

Merging the two blogs sounds like the perfect idea, Angie. And I am sure your followers from The Novice Gardener will absolutely love us. πŸ˜€ Thank you for hosting such a wonderful party and creating a fabulous community. Happy FF103, Angie, and I hope you enjoy your weekend! xx

I’m glad you agreed, Jhuls. And thanks for the sweet words. I just hope that I can do a better job at this blogging thing now that I can focus on one blog. We’re completely snowed in, but the fridge is fully stocked, so I’m not worried πŸ™‚

• Jhuls says:

I am happy to know that your fridge is fully stocked, Angie. Is the snow expected to be gone on days?? I wish I could experience it someday, but maybe I’d freeze! πŸ˜€

19. I can’t imagine how you have been able to keep two blogs at the same time, I struggle with one! But a great job! And I love FF, I always get tones of inspiration from everyone posting.

I get by with 5 hrs sleep, that’s how, lol. Just kidding, but it was a struggle and I ended up doing a poor job, I think. Now that I have just one, I’m hoping to improve my blogging behavior! So great to hear you enjoy FF. I hope you get the chance to mix and mingle with some of these incredible people. XOXO

20. You are very impressive Angie. FF alone is a lot of work. It is a great idea to merge the blog sites. 5 hours sleep! I couldn’t survive and would be a real pain to live with. I just moved to a paid WP site in order to have an easier transition (I was running out of space on the free one). Self hosting sounds a bit scary but I would really like to have more control. I look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

How in the world did you run out of space? How many posts total have you got? Might as well go self-hosted, Liz. You’re already half way there. It’s really not as scary as you think. If you use WP everything is pretty much the same. Plus you’ll be able to earn money which will pay for the hosting fee. Go for it!

21. apsara says:

You are one super blogger, Angie. It is a good decision to merge your blogs. Serious about hosting your FF. πŸ™‚ I bet! That’s what makes this the BEST blogger’s link up ever. Love to be a part of this. Keep rocking, dear.

Hey Apsara! I just got here and you popped! Such a welcome sight! And I’m no super blogger, slacker blogger more like, lol! And my time you want to co-host just let me know. What week is good for you?

• apsara says:

Angie, I will co-host the weekend of March 11, when we have spring break. I have taken up some part time lecturing jobs that keep me busy these days. Excited about it!

Good for you! It’s nice to work part time even if just so we can get out of the house! I’m putting you down for 3/11, can’t wait! ??

22. tinagetstrim says:

I love your blog site!!!! What platform do you use? I love it! Is it a WordPress page set up?

23. Margherita says:

As you can see, you are not the only one who need a little bit more of time : ) many days after I am realizing that I got featured… at least this time I had the excuse to be in the rush of my departure from Italy… I think you are doing right merging the two “realities”, you will have more “quality time” to dedicate to the activities are behind all this, cooking and sharing. As Aspara said, you rock! Just let me know if would like the idea of letting me co-hosting, it would be a pleasure!

24. Maggie says:

My offering is just finished so I am joining this party very late! But HELLO everyone!

That’s ok, better late than never as they say. Generally, though, earlier links get more views. But it’s not all about getting views, it’s also about getting to know each other πŸ™‚

25. Swati says:

Hey Angie! This is my first post here and I am so glad to be a part of FF. I already have few blogger friends Sonal, Apsara and Suchita here, who have already told me about how wonderful this place is. Looking forward to make new friends and having great time with all you talented bloggers. Happy to be here πŸ™‚

Well then you’re already in! Although I want everyone to feel in and welcomed, new or old friends alike. I’m looking forward to getting to know you, Swati! πŸ™‚

26. Maggie says:

Angie, how is the merging going? I have a second blog – more of a personal journey that I have neglected shamefully for spooninasaucepan, and I often think of merging them. However, both blogs are so divergent that I have hesitated about doing it. Would love to hear more about it!

It’s going well so far, just slow, only ‘coz I’m somewhat OCD. Otherwise merging is pretty easy to do. I’m only going to move posts with recipes over since that’s what FiestaFriday is about, leaving the gardening stuff behind. πŸ™‚