Broiled Salmon with Rosemary and Lemon Zest-Infused Honey Soy Sauce Glaze

1. This salmon looks delicious Angie! Your glaze will work just as well on the wild caught salmon in your future! I find wild caught salmon is much less fatty so cooks faster and is more easily dried out. Have you read Kingsolver’s Animal Vegetable Miracle? Really great book to raise our awareness on sustainable food.

You’re spot on about wild-caught salmon. It’s pretty lean and dry. Maybe that’s why I didn’t like it πŸ™‚ I need to learn to cook it properly. I haven’t read the book, I’ll be looking for it now. Thanks, Johanne!

2. Love, love, love salmon! The glaze sounds delicious and especially love rosemary with it. I will try to convert your delicious and pretty recipe to grilling which I am sure will be just fine. I buy all of my fish at Whole Foods as I feel it is the best! They always go for quality and are always thinking about the environment.

I’m pretty sure it’ll taste even better grilled, Juju! I just have no luck with cooking fish on the grill. I can’t get it to stay pretty. There’s always a piece that gets stuck or fall off πŸ˜€ I need to start shopping at Whole Foods!

• Try cedar planks or place slices of lemons, limes or oranges underneath the salmon. That’s how I grill my salmon, unless of course you want to use foil and place the seafood on top! No mess or clean up – I prefer the other two ways but each to their own.

Oh, wow, Juju, slices of lemons/oranges sound AWESOME!! Why didn’t I think of that! Will def try, thanks so much for the tip. I’m excited! πŸ˜€

3. Shari says:

I hear your pain about trying to figure out what is healthy and what isn’t! There is so much conflicting advice. I had heard that farm raised was bad, but don’t really know why. All that aside, your salmon is the prettiest, and I’m sure tastiest I’ve ever seen. I love how you got that dark brown crispiness on the top. I have always wanted to know how to achieve that so appreciate your tips about drying the salmon. I have pinned this to try soon. We eat salmon at least once a week for health benefits, but neither my husband or I enjoy it that much. I know it is because I don’t know how to cook fish very well. With your tips maybe we can actually start liking it! Thanks, Angie.

I never liked salmon, either, until recently. Even though I usually order it when I’m in a restaurant. For health reasons, you know. And since I rarely cook it at home. Partly bec I don’t like the way the kitchen smells after. But since I started cooking it under the broiler, and in such short amount of time, the smell is minimal. If you can grill it outdoors, it’ll be even better! Let me know what you think if you decide to try it! πŸ™‚

4. marymtf says:

It’s a mouthful I’d like to have, Angie. I like the marinade. Lucky for me I’ve just had breakfast. I’m not a vegetarian so I’m eating farmed meat and chicken and eggs (though not cage eggs). I’ve had farmed salmon, too.

It’s tough to make the right choices sometimes, isn’t it? I want to eat organic all the time, of course, if I can, but organic also usually means expensive. Plus, who knows anymore, the way things keep changing these days. What’s good today may not be tomorrow! πŸ™‚

5. You’re doing all the right things – and your photos prove that. I won’t buy salmon here as it’s done up as fillets already – it’s not possible to see the eyes! So I don’t know how fresh it is. Sad, I know.

6. Angie that salmon looks awesome, even if it is toxic. :)) I stopped buying farm raised any fish a few years back. It is hard to find wild caught and the price is more, but I feel it is healthier. I love salmon and make it many ways. Can’t believe I have never blogged a recipe yet.. You know in 5 years they will come out with a study that says wild caught salmon is bad for you and only eat farm raised. :D- Have a great day. Q

What?! You have no salmon recipe? That’s just not right, Quinn! You’d better do something about it, lol! I know I should be sending you the co-hosting guidelines, but I’m too sleepy right now!! Tomorrow morning, promise. I need to go nighty night, been a long day! πŸ™‚

7. Gorgeous post Angie! Love salmon and these flavours you’ve used for the glaze are right up my alley too. Yum! πŸ™‚

How beautiful is this?? I have to learn about that flipping issue. πŸ˜€ I am keeping this recipe in case I stumbled upon Mr. Salmon. πŸ˜€ But could I use dried rosemary instead?

Oh? You’re sure it’s Mr. Salmon, not Mrs. or Miss or Ms.? πŸ˜€ Dried rosemary is ok, but I really like the fresh better. Dried tastes a little too medicine-y to me. I prefer dried thyme so you can use that as substitute. Let me know what you think, Jhuls! My family LOVES this recipe πŸ™‚

9. This looks lovely and I also stand behind the wild caught salmon or any fish for that matter. I assume we won’t have to use the label “organic” if it’s wild caught to begin with:) Have a great fiesta friday and thank you for sharing…Zeba

So true about the organic label. I’m trying to make the right choices for my family. Slowly getting there. Hey, at least the kids will eat fish now πŸ™‚ I just have to ease them into wild caught πŸ™‚

Great discussion here Angie on healthy foods. Your salmon is just picture perfect and those ingredients sound like something I would love too. I am so tired of entertaining these days …..it’s not like it used to be. You have to ask each and every guest if they have a nut allergy, partial to free range chicken, organic vegetarian, pescatarian (sp) blah blah……Over Easter I changed my menu 3 times before I decided what I was going to cook. I have never found wild caught salmon that is fresh, it is always frozen. I too love the fish in ethnic markets, a sure sign of finding out if it is fresh is looking at the eyes like someone earlier had suggested….. and for me personally? I love a whole fish, bones and all :)). Fabulous post, pictures, and ALL! Thanks for the tips too.

Thanks so much, Loretta! I hear you about entertaining these days. I pretty much stopped serving a meal. Instead I offer several selections of mini appetizers and desserts. Easier that way. Oh, I’ve been served a whole fish many times before, too, Loretta and don’t mind them, but I rarely cook them at home since the kids would complain. The husband, too! They need to grow up! πŸ˜€

11. wow your salmon looks so much better than the one i am posting today and yours would also fit in to the low FODMAP diet I am doing also…quickly deletes my post….j/k but seriously this looks amazing and i am saving it for sure x

12. This looks sooooo yummy Angie, I don’t eat a lot of salmon because my brain is still half convinced I don’t like it (because I hate smoked salmon) but every time I’ve eaten it baked or grilled I’ve loved it – and I think you’re right, sweet sauces definitely work best with salmon!

I was exactly like you!! Until I decided I needed to grow up. Not that I think you need to grow up, haha… You’re already so wise and mature, ahem…for someone your age πŸ˜€ I’m still trying to enjoy smoked salmon myself.

13. Nusrat Azim says:

That is some sexy, glossy Salmon dish πŸ™‚
    Can’t thank you enough for coming up with this yum-yum recipe. An academy award winning worthy recipe indeed.

P.S. A fish-lover like myself never lies πŸ™‚

Thanks a bunch, Nusrat! I’ve had more fish since I made this. Im beginning to be a regular fish eater! One of these days, I’ll make one of your fish recipes. They always look so good! Why don’t you join Fiesta Friday? I think they would love you at the party! XOXO

14. Maisey says:

This looks lovely! I will need to try this out soon. Thank you for sharing