Colcannon with Brown Butter

1. I’ve never heard of colcannon until this year, and it just sounds like it would be an amazing comfort food and brown butter is great in anything!

2. marymtf says:

Sounds yummy, Angie. If you are catering for a vegetarian what would you do to replace the bacon? I have heard of fakin bacon, but it’s probably as awful as those vegetarian sausages are. 🙂

OK, you got me Angie! I am sold on Colcannon! And brown butter for that matter! 🙂

4. Maryana says:

This is the first time I hear about colcannon. I love the ingredients. Everything with cabbage sounds good to me)

Oh I’m glad to hear you like cabbage, coz I’m now looking into more recipes with cabbage. It’s like dirt cheap around St. Patrick’s Day so I bought 3 heads!!

I prefer the name Yummy Salty and Peppery Beef over Corned Beef.
    And I prefer this Colcannon over the oldie mashed potatoes (though this is the first time I am hearing this name – so catchy). It sounds better with all the add ins… and looks happy, too. 😀 This is so good! Send me some? 😛

6. OMG I have actually tasted it in Dublin a few years back! The server had the appropriate accent as well! It sounds something like kulcanon 😉 It was so delice!!!! I can’t believe i finally got the recipe!!! Thank you !!!!

This looks wonderful, all of it, wish I could grab a bowl all to myself :). Love the bowl too xo

8. Never knew what colcannon was but know I would love it especially with brown butter! I made a lot of extra brown butter bread crumbs from a recipe from Julie of Hostess at Heart last fall and putting them over all kinds of dishes made for heavenly food while they lasted. Might be time for another batch!

Oh that’s a great idea making brown butter bread crumbs. I did make 1 pound of brown butter so I have a lot left over. I’ve been using it in everything myself. So darn good!! ??

9. Looks delicious Angie! Great addition.

10. I’ve never heard of colcannon before, but, as I can see is a potatoes recipe so…should be delicious, and it looks delicious!

11. brown butter rocks my world! I can imagine how fab this dish would taste with the addition of brown butter x

12. Much like others I have never heard of colcannon before,,,,I love brown butter and love potatoes and love kale:) Look forward to making this. Thanks for sharing Angie.

St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated pretty big around where I live so I’m familiar with many dishes served on the day. This one is one of the best, I think. Thanks, Zeba!