How to make dried pineapple flowers

I love this! It is so pretty and I can’t wait to make them! brilliant 🙂

2. Thank you for the detailed step by steps Angie! I’m with you on cutting the sides more deeply to get rid of those eyes! Love Martha…i really learned how to cook from her. Love these flowers!

So glad you like them, Johanne! I hope you’ll give them a try. They’re so easy to make! Many people deride Martha Stewart, but she has many good ideas! Or at least she has creative people working for her! 🙂

3. Lili says:

Thank you Angie!! The flowers look beautiful and will definitely try to make them with your lovely instructions! 🙂

4. coconutcraze says:

This is neat! It looks so beautiful just like cute flowers! Very Summery and cheerful! Love your elaborate instructions and tips to get it right.

5. Chahat says:

wow very beautiful 😉

6. A Home Cook says:

So beautiful. We shop at local veggie markets. I can shock my husband by asking him to bring home a pineapple next time they’re in season.

Pineapples are available year round in the US since they grow in Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Lucky us, right? I’ve had white pineapples from Hawaii that taste like sugar! They’re called Sugar Loaf! Thanks, Mermaid! I hope you’ll give them a try. 🙂

7. Gorgeous!! My mom knows what a Martha fan I am- so she teases me by calling me “Marty” when I make something like this (mine is usually a couple notches less fabulous though…). I’ll have to show her who the “real” Marty is!! My daughter would love to bring these as a show-off snack to school! 🙂

8. I was convinced that the “yellow flowers” on your previous blog were simple flowers, maybe from your garden…. now I learn that they are actually tiny slices of pineapple! That’s amazing Angie…. I would like to decorate all my dishes (and maybe my table as well) with these beauties….. Thanks a lot for revealing us “your secret”!

Did you really think it was real flower? 🙂 Actually, you’re not the first to think that! But, yes, these are made of pineapples. Aren’t they something? I hope you will give them a try, Margy! Really were easy to make, especially if you own a dehydrator. 🙂

• Yes! I’m not joking! I was convinced….. what a good news you gave me! I do not have a dehydrator, I will try on the convention oven…. but I have to try them out!

I made some in the oven, too. Those that are slightly brown are oven-dried. Just make sure you check on them often when you use the oven. Let me know how they turn out, Margy! They taste great!

9. Love it!!! This is such a great idea! And seems easy to make… Thanks for sharing

10. These are so pretty! I clean my pineapple just like your later picture. Rind and eyes in one swoop with the nike. See you tomorrow!

11. GFLife247 says:

These are awesome! Thanks for the step by step directions. I love the simple,yet beautifully decorative nature of these pineapple flowers. They’re a perfect dessert topper. See you at Fiesta Friday soon! 🙂

How brilliant Angie, you come up with the neatest ideas sans Martha Stewart :)). I too cut the pineapple thickly so as to avoid the “eyes”. But I do have one question, the core of the pineapple, you know the middle part? Well, we never ate that as it got your mouth and tongue all “scratchy like”. Does baking or dehydrating get rid of that I wonder? Just thinking out loud here, but they are absolutely gorgeous!

I’m so glad you asked, Loretta! I was going to talk about the core in the post, but I thought it was getting too long! Whatever you do, do not get rid of the core when making these flowers. I made a mistake of using a pineapple that’s been cored, and my flowers all had holes in the middle. Not pretty at all! But I ate all the little dried up core pieces, and guess what? No itchy throat! I may have discovered a way to save the core. Dehydrate them! And they actually tasted good! 🙂

13. Absolutely amazing!!!! You amaze me x

14. They are so lovely, Angie. Thanks for sharing!

15. They really are SO very beautiful Angie! I will definitely get around to trying them one day! M.xx