1. Aw what a cutie Angie. Sounds like Skye was just meant for you, she’s adorable. What a whirlwind of a week you’ve had, hope things settle down soon so you can all get chance to know Skye some more. Will be back to vote on Tuesday x

I still can’t believe how it happened! The same day our son was moving?? That’s too much of a coincidence, isn’t it? It’s just meant to be! She’s settling in nicely; we’re so happy!

2. What a wonderful turn of events! So it was meant to be. Good to know people will take in seniors :)) I am hoping my kids remember that someday. Have a great weekend with your houseguests and Skye.

3. My goodness, that face! Sounds like a right old whirlwind of emotions but glad it worked out well. Welcome Skye (by the way don’t know if you know but Skye is a beautiful island off the North of Scotland, one of my favorite places even with its weather!)

Yes, I’ve heard of it! Never been there, though. Maybe one day I’ll bring Skye to Skye 😄😄 This has been a week unlike any other for us! In the end, it all worked out and we’re just thrilled to have the new addition to the family.

Oh hello, Skye! You are so cute and you are so lucky to be with Angie’s lovely family. Would you be partying with us today? I will be a good friend! 😀

Hey, Angie! I missed FF last week. Stressfull week! I am glad to be here again. I will be available anytime you need back up. 😉 Amazing features as always! x

5. Matt says:

Ahh, Skye looks lovely! Enjoy sneaking her food from the table! Glad it worked out.

6. Nadia says:

That was just meant to be!!!

Skye is beautiful! Welcome to the family Skye!

Heartfelt gratitude to each one of you for selecting my posts for features! Angie, is there any way you can put a better picture for the zucchini bread?

9. Sandhya says:

Angie,
    Skye is super cute and simply adorable! It is so interesting to note how things/ people/pets are meant to be in our lives, isn’t it? I cannot get over the coincidence of Skye coming into your lives the same day your son moves to college.
    So happy Skye will party with us at Fiesta Friday!

Me, neither! It was a little too much of a coincidence. I think someone is looking out for us! This is going to be the great story we live to tell, lol. Thanks, Sandhya! 😘

10. Angie my heart is in my throat. I just love little Skye and am so happy your stress in wanting her worked out. Tell your son she gets his room. They hate it when life goes on without them. After my daughter left we got new furniture in the basement and she took it personally. I am gone a lot through September but would take October 7 if it’s available?

Oct 7 is perfect. I’ll put you down, thanks! Lol, I think my son would actually love that. Do you know what he said? He told me he would only reply to my text messages if I went to get Skye! Skye was sacred when she was first introduced to us and she came right to my son and buried her head in his lap! They had instant connection!

11. michelleoblogoff says:

Your new baby is adorable!
    Have a great weekend!
    Thanks for finding the time to continue to host!😀
    Michelle

12. Sonal says:

Skye is adorable 🙂

13. Awe, Skye is adorable, Angie. I’m so glad everything worked out for you. Sounds like you had a pretty crazy week. I’ll be up for co-hosting again in a couple weeks, once my kids are back in school and things return to normal around here, lol. Just let me know when you need help 🙂 Have a great weekend!

14. How lovely! Welcome lovely little Skye 😍😍😍😍😍

15. Lily says:

What a cutie! I can see why you fell in love with her. Have fun with the new family member:)

16. Judi Graber says:

Cutie pie! Thanks so much to those who voted for my bread and that you will make this yummy bread! Mother drive dead, hopefully not the hard drive too. Bought a new computer and if all goes well I will be back in business

17. janetvinyard says:

Hi Angie, Skye is adorable! What a sweet dog! You’ll always have that great story to tell about her!

18. Oh my gosh!! So happy for you. Skye is adorable and she’s so lucky to have such a loving forever home to be part of. Wonderful! <3

19. Angie I am so happy for you and Skye is just beautiful. I also adopted a senior, Percy is 11 yrs old. They are the best and bless you for taking in a dog that many do not want and shelters feel are unadoptable. I will volunteer to be a co host whenever you need me. I cannot bring anything to the party this week, I have my hands full dog sitting for another dog that is not happy to be here, she misses her family and Percy is also not happy to share his home with another dog, ugh…. Happy to volunteer and congratulations again on beautiful Skye.

I remember you talking about how rewarding it is to adopt these seniors and I’m starting to find out why. Most of these dogs are already house trained and pretty well-behaved, easy to care for. And they deserve a second chance in life. Poor Percy… tell him it’s only temporary 😄😄 And I can use your help next week FF135, Labor Day weekend. Let me know if that’s ok. Thanks so much! 😘😘😘

20. Such a beautiful and heart warming story!!! What a cutie 🙂

Awww Skye just melts my heart, and what a wonderful end to your story. Absolutely beautiful. I’m sure your son had his nose out of joint there for a while, but what a great cause and now it will be a family pet and everyone is happy happy! Enjoy your weekend with your out of town guests. I hope you’ve planned some water activities for them 🙂 I’ll be happy to co-host September 16th if that’s available?

Thanks, Loretta! We’re all tickled pink with the new addition! 😄😄 And yes, the 16th is open; I’ll put you down. Thanks so much! 😘

….oh and p.s. thanks to everyone who voted for my muffins 🙂

23. Shari says:

What an emotional week for all of you! I am so glad it ended happily. Congratulations! He is so cute!!

Thanks, Shari! It’s a girl but I still make mistakes and call her good boy all the time 😄😄

• Shari says:

Sorry about that, Angie! I always do that. For some reason I always call dogs boys. Please apologize to Skye for me. She is very beautiful!

It’s ok! I still call our beta fish a she even though it’s a boy. My daughter gets mad sometimes, oh well… Btw, would you be willing to cohost FF136? Not this Friday, but the next, Sept 9. Let me know! 😘

• Shari says:

Thank you for asking me, Angie, but my son will be here visiting from NYC that weekend so I know I wouldn’t have time. So sorry to have to turn you down.

No worries, Shari. Just let me know when is a good time and I’ll work with you. Have a great time with your son! 😘

24. Judi Graber says:

It is National Dog Day! Has Skye been eating chocolate cake? LOL

You know, I didn’t even realize it’s national dog day until Suzanne mentioned it on Instagram. We gave Skye a bigger piece of Dentastix, lol 😄

25. Margherita says:

It seems that you had a quite intense week Angie! Skye is adorable!

26. Colleen says:

Such a cutie pie…have fun with your new little ball of furr!

Your new family member is just adorable, Angie! I’m so happy for you! 😀

28. I have nominated you for the Liebster award. I hope you participate. Please check out the following link https://sleightofthehand.wordpress.com/2016/08/28/yay-my-first-award/

I feel so honored to be included. However, I think the Liebster is meant for new bloggers only?? I’m not so sure I should participate, dear. Still I’m flattered you thought about me, thank you so much! 😘😘

29. SO happy for you!! My son is only 11 and I got clammy hands reading your post about your son leaving for college. 😉 I’m in love with your new fluffy baby- and LOVE your story of how she joined your family. It was definitely meant to be. <3

You have a few more years, but boy do they go fast! Seems like mine was just 11 yesterday. I was cleaning up and saw a note he wrote to me when he was 9. He was angry over something and signed the note “with tiny love”…brought a smile to my face…so darn cute, right? And Skye is just the icing on the cake to a looong…week 😄😄

• That note is too much. I’m not sure how many notes – usually apologizing for something BTW- I should keep!
        A lot of life changes. Out of town guests too!?!? You must be emotionally & physically WIPED. That sweet dog will help get you through it for sure. 🙂

30. CHCooks says:

Skye is looking super cute! What a perfect addition to the family – congrats Angie 🙂

31. Welcome to Skye. Glad you got her. Your family will give her the best love.

32. Yay – I have a new computer so sign me up for an empty spot. I’m flexible this Fall except for this weekend. I need a photo editing program – I know you and others use picmonkey. Any suggestions? I also have photoshop but need to get it reinstalled. Never used it yet! How’s Skye doing? That’s what I need a “senior dog” 🙂 Those eyes, pink alert ears – love, love, love.

Oh good!! I need you for FF136 Sept 9, unless Mollie takes it. She’s been having computer issue herself. I need an experienced cohost that week since I’ve asked Shari to try cohosting for the 1st time. She has yet to confirm though. I’ll let you know as soon as I find out. If not then the 23rd is open. I’ll let you know.

I find Picmonkey simple and easy to use, and it’s sufficient for my needs. I tried photoshop briefly but it’s a little too complicated. I really resent spending too much time editing photos 😄 But other people love it. I guess you can try PicMonkey and see how you like it. At least it’s free.

Oh and Skye is doing great!! She’s an awesome dog!!

33. OMGosh! How adorable is Skye 😍 I can’t imagine all the emotions your family have had this past week but so happy how things have worked out for you👍😊 It’s a bit mean that the shelter couldn’t reserve her for you and unbelievable the other people didn’t want her… how could anyone reject that face! Glad you had something (someone) to take the edge off your son going to college… he’ll be back (with laundry) before you know it! Hugs to you & Skye x

My daughter was saying…that shelter needs to chill!! Here we were willing to take her, and they still had to peddle her around?? I guess they wanted to make sure she found a home. Turned out she had been there since early July. Who knows, maybe we were down on the list. Which makes it even more special actually that everybody else rejected her. She was ours from the start 😄😄 Thanks, Laurena! 😘😘

34. Oh what an adorable face and those sparkling eyes! Her coloring is gorgeous and that beautiful brown hair is so coo! I think she was sent to you so you would have something to occupy yourself now that your son is away! My Gibson was a “used” dog, adopted older, and Chance, too, was second hand, now that I think about it – but you and Suzanne have a great point about the rewards and not having to teach the early skills! I’m sooo tired from that puppy!!

I can host the week of September 15 if it’s open – I’ll hopefully have good internet by then!

That’s the only week spoken for in Sept, darn! But we can definitely use your help either Sept 9 or 23, take your pick. Probably better the 23rd? Just to make sure internet is up and running? Let me know. And good luck with Chance! When he’s finally broken in, it’ll be worth every second of training! I’m sure. I hope. I pray 😄😄 Hang in there, Mollie 😘😘

35. Nancy says:

Skye is an absolute cutie pie, Angie. Has she realized how lucky she is to have such a great chef close by to feed her? I hope everyone (humans and canine) are adjusting well to the living arrangements. (When we sent our oldest off the college, it took 2 puppies to replace her…yes, we’re crazy! Though those 2 puppies are now 11 yr old “seniors”.)

She’s actually starting to whine now whenever I cook or eat. I’m trying not to give in but it’s hard! I gave her some of my banana & PB yesterday 😀 I can’t believe you took in 2 puppies!! You must be a glutton for punishment LOL. They’re fun though, right? 🙂

• Nancy says:

Lol. They learn fast. I always keep baby carrots nearby when I’m cooking – they appease the dogs and keep the chubbies at bay. 😏 Actually 2 puppies at once was easier than one – they entertained and trained one another. You should try it sometime! 🤗

36. How sweet! I’ve never had a need for Skype, but I know it has to make you feel closer!

37. kjelldesot says:

Love this post! i’am a new blogger and i’d love that you check out my blogg http://www.kjelldesot.wordpress.com/blog thank you!!

38. kunstkitchen says:

What a sweetie pie dog! The Fiesta looks soooo/ tooo tempting! Thanks everyone.

39. ChgoJohn says:

Skye certainly knows how to pick ’em! I’m sure you’re all going to be very happy together, Angie.

40. Skye is about the most precious thing I have ever seen (except Buddy and Ginger, of course). It was definitely meant to be!

Buddy came to us in a similar way. He was 10, not a girl (which we wanted), not a Lhasa ( which we were looking for and had just had 16 teeth pulled. We wouldn’t trade him for the world. He is 16 1/2 now.

Enjoy your little bundle (of joy).

Thanks, Stacey! How you been, girl?! It’s been so long…Come to Fiesta Friday once in a while, will you? So we won’t forget Buddy and Ginger! And of course we miss all your excellent cooking and stories!! 😃😃