1. Thanks again for hosting Angie and a great job by everyone last week with the tribute to Selma. Hope you have a better weekend. Happy FF! :))

2. What a cute fish! I never had pets as a child, so can imagine the excitement. We have vaguely talked about getting a dog when the kids are older, but can’t say it too loud as my three year old has a bit too good a memory and will no doubt nag! Was so nice seeing all the tributes last week, I still have a couple to go back and read but am getting there.

It’s such a pretty fish; it caught our attention right away. I never saw a red, white, and blue fish before. I have to say the kids are taking good care of it. They’re reading up a lot on how. Maybe I’ll reward them with a “real” pet. And I made a mistake of saying it out loud, so now my afternoons are spent going to animal shelters 😀

3. What a pretty little Libby 🙂 welcome to the family xx

4. Hilda says:

Such a pretty fish. I have a couple of feral cats living on my verandah called Lurch and Gomez (Fester died). You are most welcome to one of them. Hope you have a lovely week-end.

Don’t tell that to my kids; they’ll definitely take you up on the offer 😀 We’ve been looking for a puppy, but we have allergies in the house so we have to select the right breed. Have a wonderful weekend, Hilda! XOXO

5. Kaila says:

Libby is such a beautiful fish! I think almost every pet fish I knew growing up was a goldfish. Hope she lives a long and happy life! 😀

We got a couple of gold fish when my son was very young. We had no idea how to take care of them, so they croaked very soon after. We probably overfed. We’ve learned our lesson. I hope Libby can live much longer 🙂

Your Libby is so cute! Her colors are just pretty. And really a great name to call her. Thank you for hosting FF, Angie. Have a lovely weekend. xx

7. Beautiful fish – fighting beta I believe! I used a live one in a cake for Gene once – made a hole in the cake, lined it, filled it with water and added the fish – only briefly for the picture. I bet I still have that picture in my cake file. Happy FF – I am here – a little busy today but will be checking out everyone’s posts. More good ones I can see…

I am in love with Libby!!how cute is he/she??it is very confusing these days!!;)
    My kids would pester me to no end if I show them Libby’s pic! We have brought a tank but no fish! I don’t think I can deal with one more thing to take care of!! Happy FF!

Fish are pretty low-key as pets. They don’t need much care other than feeding and cleaning the tank. Your kids would love doing either task! Then they can move on to a more serious pet 😀 Happy FF, Su!

9. What a cutie Angie!! Happy FF!

10. Thanks for hosting, Angie. What a lovely fish, we have one just like it. My 7yo is pretty sure that because he’s able to take care of the fish so well that he’s now ready for a puppy, lol.

11. What a patriotic little fish! Adorable 🙂 Happy FF everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

That IS a patriotic fish if I ever saw one. Still can’t believe he’s perfectly striped red white and blue! Have a good one, Sarah! 😃

12. Gorgeous fish Angie, love the name! I like that you featured a very patriotic pet this FF, because I’m bringing along something very British – just promise not to throw it in the harbor okay?! 😉

Oh what is it?! Can’t wait to have a look. I don’t know why people think British food is bad. It’s a myth! The time I was there, I had great food! So many varieties. I even had very good Japanese-style noodles! Maybe things are changing?

• We have some awesome food in Britain, all of our traditional foods tend to be very heavy though, like stews and shepherd’s pie, things like that – which I guess it what gives us a bad reputation!
        We have some of the best Asian food outside of Asia though!

13. What a beauty Libby is, Angie! 🙂 Happy FF and hope you have a fabulous weekend!

14. Arl's World says:

What a very pretty fish and such a fitting name! Happy FF Angie!! 🙂

I think we were lucky to get him at the right time. The others were not so pretty. Plus he was so perky! It’s a great little fish with personality! We love him. Can’t believe I actually said that about a fish! 😀

15. Swayam says:

Love Libby!! he looks so happy 😛 Thanks for hosting yet another FF..I am sorry I wasn’t able to link up for Selma last week. I was unwell myself and on total bed rest..Have dedicated this link to her.

Not a problem, Swayam. So glad that you’re feeling better. Selma Tribute is permanently open, however. You can double dip and link to that as well. The link is on the sidebar –>

It is a beautiful picture os a very graceful looking fish 🙂 I am finally here and all ready to paaarty! Happy Fiesta Friday! 🙂 xx

17. Is Libby a beta? Love her (his!) red, white, & blue!! (& name!) We had the LONGEST living beta fish ever… I think they were over 2 years old. They would have lived even longer- but my cat kept drinking their water! It’s a long story, but that didn’t help their life span…. Happy FF! 🙂

Yes, he’s a pretty boy betta! I’d be happy if we can keep him for 2 years or more. Some people claim online theirs lived up to 7 years. But for us 2 years would be a huge accomplishment since the last goldfish we had lasted less than 2 weeks! We gave them too much food! 🙂

18. Margherita says:

Libby is very cute Angie! I’m sure he is very grateful to be in your house instead of being in a depressing bowl stuck in a shelf!

19. What a handsome fish Angie! And what a fitting name you guys chose considering its red white and blue pattern! In my house too kids have to be just content with only a pet fish. There is no room for any other pets! 🙂

20. So Excited for this Fiesta Friday Angie… Last weeks tribute to Selma was so beautiful… I loved seeing so many of her recipes!
    This week is no exception with so many recipes… I’ve already visited so many and added it to my “must make” list!
    Love your fish Libby too… 🙂 What an apt and beautiful name!

Thanks, Dini! I’ve been trying to join your Saucy Saturday, but I haven’t been motivated to cook in this heat! I have to get my act together! 🙂

21. Sherry says:

Thanks for hosting!

22. Sandhya says:

Libby is so cute! What a patriotic fish! I had never seen one like it before and the name Liberty is just perfect!
    We started with a fish too and then our daughter graduated to a hamster:)

23. Ha, I love it, the fish, the name, and the bubbies’ plan to steal the neighbour’s cat 🙂