Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
Yield: 28 mini muffins
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Extra chocolate chips, nuts, and oats for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, and bananas. Blend well.
- Combine flour, oats, salt, and baking soda. Stir into batter. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line mini muffin pan with paper baking cups. Fill with batter ¾ full.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips, nuts, and oats.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.