Thousand-hole Pancakes aka Baghrir

1. Very nice!!! Loving your bubbles 😊😊😊😊

2. I love making baghrir, I think I used the same recipe as you did!! Now I need to make them again, I had some with Rose water infused honey and others to scoop up some chickpea harissa stew!! They are perfect Angie👍👍❤️❤️

Ooh…I haven’t thought about serving them with savory stuff, great idea! I think they’ll be good with grilled chicken and tomato sauce or maybe with pesto? Then again, everything tastes good with pesto 😄 I really love this baghrir, btw. Wish I had known about it earlier.

3. lathiya says:

This is totally awesome..love to have this along with some spicy chicken gravy

It sounds so delicious with chicken gravy! I definitely need to make more baghrir. As soon as I get home, I’ll do it. Thanks, Lathi! 😘

4. turkswhoeat says:

These look realllllly great! I love the vision of melted butter oozing into all those little pockets! 😀

They’re just so good! I was very pleasantly surprised. Just reading the recipe wouldn’t have made you think they could rival buttermilk pancakes. What, no butter, no eggs?! 😂 Can’t be THAT good, but they are!

5. These pancakes were made fresh every morning no matter what part of Morocco I was traveling in last May. Moroccans love them simply drizzled with honey or Nutella. Yours look delicious Angie!

It must have been amazing having baghrir in Morocco! I’d love to experience that. Maybe someday. Nutella on these sounds perfect, will have to try that! Thanks, Johanne! 😘

6. sarahgiebens says:

Damn right I’m trying this one! It looks amazing. I’d definitely go for your version with chocolate and bananas 😉 Thanks for sharing this at Fiesta Friday. Happy Fiesta!

7. Wow that looks to die for. 🙂 We in India have a pancake called Appam using rice flour which looks quite similar to this. Its usally eaten with mild chicken or veg stews or spicy curries 🙂 yum yum!

8. These pancakes are too cool – never saw them before. Hard to believe they could compare to my blueberry pancakes or sour cream waffles but fun none the less. I would have to go with good ole Michigan maple syrup and maybe a few berries 🙂

Oh believe it, Judi, I don’t lie, lol. Not when it comes to food. I take food very seriously 😂 I thought myself buttermilk pancakes were as good as they can get, but these baghrir can give them a run for their money. They’re more versatile, too, I heard. Suzanne mentioned savory toppings for them!

9. Love the bubbles, they make tiny receptacles for syrup and sauces. Yum.

10. I have never had Baghrir before but it looks so soft like a fluffly cloud 🙂

It’s soft and fluffy but yet chewy at the same time. I just can’t think of anything like it. The closest would be a crepe, but crepes don’t have those bubbles. I think baghrir is just the better crepe/pancake 😂

11. Shinta says:

I have to make these! These remind me of Kerala appams, like I said, but those are made with rice flour and this is probably heartier and more filling. I love the sound of that banana flambe topping! Have pinned away!

I think baghrir is less dense in texture, although appams have the crispy edges which are so nice. They’re similar and different at the same time. I think the best way to find out is just to make them. Let me know what you think, Shinta. And thanks so much for cohosting! 😘😘

Angie, he looks amazing!!! It is so funny that I wrote the same content (haunted by food) for one of my posts next month. See? I have improved a lot… I guess.

Going back to this handsome guy, he looks gorgeous and yummy! Hahaha. Seriously, I need to try this recipe!!

Great minds think alike? Maybe?? 😂😂 Yes, this handsome guy will not disappoint, Jhuls. How many guys you meet can be handsome and yummy at the same time? That’s so rare 😂😂

13. Antonia says:

I love your intro! These look so cool and delicious Angie! I hope you are having a nice summer! 😀

14. OMGOodness! My first time in your blog! These look SO GOOD! That mic 🎤 drop was right on time! Light and Love ❤️ Shona

15. These are so gorgeous! I can only imagine the texture and I have to make them. If I were home I’d make them right now. I’m at the folk’s though, and they already put up enough with my food experiements, and since it’s 2:00 in the afternoon and they’ll want dinner at 5 on the dot, I’ll spare them. For today anyway.. Bwahh haha