London Broil, Lebanese-flavored

1. marilyn1998 says:

This looks delicious! Thanks for inviting me. Added you on FB! Have a great week!

2. This is soooo perfect Angie πŸ™‚ What mouthwatering photos… I marinated some skirt steak with coconut aminos, garlic and chilli flakes. Some eggplant and sweet potatoes will accompany that. Happy July 4th to you and your family!

Thanks, Zeba! Oh, great idea with grilled eggplants! I’ll run out to the store and get them, my husband loves them. Will go well with the steaks. Might as well use that grill when it’s on, right? Thanks for the idea! 😘

3. Jasmine S. says:

This post had me laughing out loud. Can I just say that this London Broil that has nothing to do with London, but with a Lebanese treatment sounds DELICIOUS!? My mouth is watering with these photos! For our Fourth we are grilling some Mediterranean chicken skewers and veggies!

Lol, I’m so glad to hear! Then my work here is done, coz that’s all that matters, making you laugh πŸ˜‚ Mediterranean chicken sounds so good! Is it like souvlaki? Then you can also serve it gyro style. Hehe, I’m selling this gyro thingy a little too hard πŸ˜„

4. Antonia says:

What a beautiful meal Angie! I wish I had it for lunch! Have a Happy 4th too! We are mostly hanging around the house. We just got a new puppy, so we can’t be gone long! Have a great celebration!

That’s what happens with us, too. Ever since we got Skye we haven’t been on an extended vacation. Fortunately the kids aren’t complaining. We used to take them to all kinds of cool places, now they’re happy to stay home with the dog, haha…

Oh, and have a happy and safe Fourth! 😘

5. I always end up using flank steak when I have a crowd but this fourth is prime filet of beef with some typical American fare; potato salad, baked beans, corn on the cob and strawberry shortcake. I like the Lebanese twist and your post reminded me of a Lebanese cookbook I have yet to use; the author is from Michigan and she has given some great recipes with a little history. Happy Fourth of July πŸ™‚

Flank steaks are so good and so versatile. I actually made a stuffed and rolled flank steak just recently. But prime fillet?! That’ll be a feast fit for kings and queens! Can I come over, lol. Have a happy and safe Fourth, Judi! 😘

6. Jess says:

I buy London Broil cuts often; they’re frequently at a discount price at my supermarket and if you know how to cook them right, they can make some pretty tasty dishes…like this one! It looks very good Angie, so does your flatbread. Wish I was coming over your house to get my plate πŸ˜‰

It’s a sin not to get them when they’re practically free considering how cheap they are πŸ˜‚ This week in my store they’re even cheaper than chicken! All I can say is that we’ve been eating well in my house, humans and canine alike, lol. There’s always a place at my table for you, Jess! 😘

7. We love London Broil and always grill them after marinading. This marinade sounds so interesting. Great idea to have the steak on flatbread with tzatziki. Beautiful pictures, especially the one of the marinade in the little blue bowl. Happy July 4th Angie!

Thanks, Johanna! Give that marinade a try, it’s really good! Have a happy and safe Fourth! I’m going to see if I can take more pictures of the crepe cake I made last night. I might post if there’s time πŸ˜„

I am not a huge fan of grilling steak coz I always overcook them! Ugh!
    And I was a little confused before I saw your post, but I think this post got me more confused! Haha! Gorgeous photos & lovely dish!

Happy Fourth of July, Angie!!

Next time, take note of how long you leave them on the grill, then just adjust your cooking time. It’s always better to undercook than to overcook steaks. You can always throw them back on the grill πŸ˜„ And yes, I meant to do that, to confuse you even more, haha… Thanks, Jhuls!

9. Your steak looks FABULOUS! I’m full from dinner but I bet I could eat that whole steak lol. Happy Fourth of July!!

It sounds like a great way to do a 4th of July! I went to an American BBQ, hosted by my American friend who lives down the road. It was great! The steaks sound absolutely delicious! πŸ™‚ x

It’s an economical way to feed a lot of people but at the same time still elegant. Of course there’s nothing wrong with burgers and hotdogs, but I’m grownup now, I want grownup food, lol. Thanks, Petra!