All-American Beef Stew

1. Gorgeous stew Angie, I’m with you adding chicken stock is much better and the wine of course. I love beef stew!! Your roaster is so beautiful!!

Hey Angie! Well I am suddenly very hungry for beef stew! This sounds so intriguing with the umami bomb, so it is definitely going to me made in my kitchen! This, my friend, is why I wish you would post recipes more often!!! You never fail to inspire me! Hint, hint! 😀

I think it’s the best beef stew! I think you can even up the umami bomb a little. Despite the name, it’s really quite subtle. I’d be interested to know what you think of the gelatin if you do try this. Maybe not necessary? I have another recipe actually, but recipe posts take so much out of me! I need to rest first!

3. Sophie33 says:

My hubby would love this beef stew,…it looks quite delicious. I do not eat beef.

4. Mr Fitz says:

Yeah.. you got me Angie! We are lucky to be able to get this too .. the ‘bomb’ in a tube! http://www.laurasanttini.com/#sthash.xxQyQjOJ.dpbs I have to say though.. I rarely visit fiesta friday now as the amount of cookies/trackers etc is just freakily amazing!

Umami bomb in a tube? When is it coming to America?
      I understand your concern about tracking cookies, though not sure how we can escape these days. Can’t you disable the cookies from your computer? Ok, I’m not an expert, I don’t even know what I’m talking about ?

5. This is a perfect stew Angie…bomb and all. Feast for the eyes and tummy 🙂

6. Arl's World says:

Looks delicious Angie!

7. That stew looks amazing Angie and that pan is beyond beautiful. I’ve never used gelatin in my soups before. Very interesting! I really love the meaty thick stuff with a little broth. No wimpy stew here!

Thanks, Julie! This was my first time using gelatin, too. I guess it’s supposed to mimic what you’d get from a soup bone??It does make the stew satiny smooth though. No gunky stew here ?

8. Antonia says:

I love your roaster Angie! What a unique and delicious beef stew! I wish I could eat a bowl for lunch today 😉

Thanks, Antonia! We really do learn something new everyday, don’t we?! Who knew gelatin and anchovies could improve a classic like your beef stew? ?

9. The beef stew looks hearty and delicious!! Wish I ate red meat!:(

I’m sure you can adapt this with chicken or turkey, or even all vegetables. Up the mushrooms or use different varieties of mushrooms; it’d be yummy actually now that I think about it.

10. Monika says:

This stew looks absolutely beautiful Angie! And it’s not easy to make stew look good with all the cooking it has to go through etc. I have heard of adding anchovies to sauces and stews but never actually tried it in my own cooking, perhaps I will now. I’ve picked my favourites for tomorrow!

Thanks! Yes, definitely try anchovies. I’ve since added them to a marinade, and again didn’t detect any fishy smell. Pretty amazing!

My mouth was watering while reading your explanation, Angie. This soup is indeed a keeper! No doubt that I would love this with rice. Pretty pot, too. 😀

What a beautiful beef stew! It sounds delicious. I have never browned the beef in big chunks but will give this a try next time! And I love your pot! 🙂 xx

13. Looks absolutely delicious! I will try it soon for sure ❤️