I haven’t been able to watch the news after Tuesday. I guess I’m taking a breather from it all. Time to shed the woes and move on. Sometimes discussing these outcomes is the best way to move forward, but unfortunately with it comes animosity and hostility. Have a great weekend. 🙂

Aaw…I wish people can listen to one another without any hostility, even if they disagree. Listening, btw, is an underrated virtue, isn’t it? Maybe it’s easy for me to hear differing opinions since my own circle of friends and family is made up of many different backgrounds and political preferences. I’m used to it. I’m offering myself as a sounding board to all, haha… I can take it ??

2. marymtf says:

People talk about balanced opinions but there’s no such thing these days. there are exceptions and you seem to be one of them, Angie. I will say, though, that I don’t feel as compassionate about violence. I make my children responsible for their actions as I’m sure you do (Or did, now they’re making their children responsible for their actions 🙂 ) Violence is never acceptable.

Violence is never, EVER acceptable!! Period, no ifs ands or buts. And about balanced opinions, I feel sometimes that people have stopped trying altogether these days. It’s become my way or the highway. What about giving a chance? Anyway, I try to do my part, however small it may be. I should have been a diplomat they way I sometimes have to bridge the gap between 2 friends or family members, lol. Hey, it takes real skill, you know ??

3. davegon says:

Thanks for writing about it. I’m still trying to figure out how to think about it. It’s upsetting, but I do feel like the feelings are less severe for me, slightly, after 4 days. Still not accepting or optimistic, but realizing at least that living in a progressive state and city is a big blessing for which I’m grateful.

Aaw…I understand how you feel. We all handle disappointment differently. For some, it takes a while to accept and that’s ok! I find it helpful to take quiet moments each day to reflect. Love and hugs to you, Dave ??

4. Ginger says:

Thanks for your wise words, Angie! After the media frenzy of the past weeks and months it’s good to hear not all hell has broken loose 😉
    Thank you for the feature – it’s great being back again! Let’s just hope the healing powers of chocolate will do their work …

5. Hello there!
    First of all, thank you for hosting this wonderful party!
    I’d like to say that now we have to come together in the world!
    We have now to wait and see what’s going on, especially here in Europe too. Next year we have elections here in Germany and we have a big fear that now could happen here the same.
    I think that the result of the election in the United States should be a sign for the rest of the other politicians in the world to change a little bit and to hear what is really going on in the own country. It’s time for it I think.

I wish you all in the United States a great weekend and please stay together 😉
    – Emmi

6. SammyandSufi says:

Angie, you make some really cool stuff 🙂