1. Matt says:

I sympathise on both the summer ending and ageing. I go back to work next week, and while I’m slightly excited, I would also much rather relax in my garden or on the coast. As for ageing, I keep getting little comments at home about what I call ‘experience’ hairs my head is beginning to produce more of. I blame the stress of work, hence an argument for why the summer should continue a bit longer!

2. What a fabulous Fiesta Friday, Angie. I love rosemary, but haven’t given much thought to adding it to something sweet. I would love to try Julianna’a Orange and Chia Cake with Sugared Rosemary. Hugs!

3. everything always looks so tasty! If only I could be bothered cooking! Is that a sign of aging too – sticking to tried and tested 🙂

Whenever I have a conversation with someone and suddenly to a different topic (which I always do), I always cannot remember the previous topic or the stuff I was saying. One day, the 13-year old colleague’s daughter asked me what I was saying and cannot remember. She just blurted it out ‘Oh! It’s because you are getting old.’ Haha! About the gray hair, nobody told me about that (yet), but I can feel that physically especially when I always sleep very early compared to the previous years where I was very active and hyper. Haha!

And yes, summer is gone just like that! Snow is coming soon… Here comes Elsa… ❄️☃ “Let it go… Let it go…” ?

Happy FF, Angie! ?

5. Thanks to those who voted for my spicy potatoes. Please make them as they are delicious – you won’t be disappointed. Have a safe and happy holiday weekend 🙂

Hey Angie, I can totally relate to needing structure! I say that all the time about working! I am way more productive when I have structure and probably more happy too. I would just like more balance in my structure! Like maybe 3 days a week of structure and the rest unstructured! However, my structure starts next week, so I will be back at it too… Thanks a bunch for featuring my cake! I truly appreciate it! Have a wonderful weekend. 😀

7. Interesting thread of thoughts. I enjoy reading your posts every Friday!

8. I can’t believe summer is already over either! I’m definitely getting old…that means wise too, right? 🙂 Have a great Labor Day weekend and Happy FF!

9. Oh, I want to taste ALL the things this week! We are already worn out from three weeks of school and need this weekend to recover. I hope you find refreshment too! -Julia

10. I’d say those silver hair are cool! Mine’s sprouting like anything now and I wish they’d grow systematically than all over the place with a strand here and a whole patch there. I guess I’ll just have to go with being a platinum blonde! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

11. Colleen says:

I often think about giving up my day job…but it always comes down to the fact that I need to get out of the house or I would go completely crazy! I wish I could just work 20 hour weeks…that would be perfect!

That’s the reason I started working again after being SAHM for 8 years. I needed to get out of the house! Luckily I found a part time job with a schedule that allows me to stay home w/ the kids whenever I need to. Works well for me! ?

12. Antonia says:

Gray hair means you are getting wiser, not older ;D Great features this week! Happy Labor Day!

13. tentimestea says:

I know what you mean about structure, Angie. I came home early last week and felt so aimless….but then I did some baking that I had been wanting to do for weeks and the rest of the day was gone. Just like this summer! And in response to last Friday, so glad Skye joined your family! I was so nervous while reading that, what a story full of up and downs, but it all worked out in the end. 🙂
    Wonderful features! The bake-a-long sounds so much fun, and that rosemary cake is just gorgeous 🙂

14. Summer truly just flew by!! I am so not looking to going back to school! It seems like just the other day 3 weeks of vacation was ahead of me and now I have 2 days left!!

Hi Angie
    Summer is still clinging on (apparently the last of it) but it is getting darker earlier and time to get serious, and grown up, again!
    Thanks for hosting another brilliant Fiesta Friday, next week will be a bit calmer and I will be more present!
    Have a great week ahead 🙂 xx

I’m hoping to have a much calmer week myself! It’s been so hectic! And that’s putting it mildly, what with a new pet and all. But really now that we have Skye, I don’t think we can live without her! ?

16. Hi Angie, the summer has gone so fast for me too. It’s time for our winter pack up to go back to the UK so haven’t been able to join in this week. Thanks to everyone who voted for my Nectarine Frangipane Tart, cheered up my weekend of packing ?x

Love that tart! I bought nectarines hoping to make it but they’re dry and tasteless ☹️ It’s now a record, I can’t pick watermelons or nectarines ? Summer may be gone soon but there’s Autumn and apples and pumpkins to look forward to ?

17. Shari says:

Thank you so much for the feature this week, Angie! Everyone at Fiesta Friday is so sweet and kind. I love being a part of it. I know what you mean about summer going quickly. Although that is a good thing in Arizona! 🙂 I hope you have a good year, and look forward to seeing your recipes!

You’ve earned that spotlight, Shari! And it’s certainly well deserved. It’s a great summer dessert recipe. And I guess summer in Arizona must mean a lot of ice cream since you’re such an expert, lol! I’m working on a couple of recipes right now which I hope to share very soon ?

18. Lovely post Angie and I know what you mean about the structure from work – I only ‘work’ in a day job three days a week and sometimes my mind wonders to what I could do with my time if I didn’t work at all….but then I fear is lose some appreciation for my free time…..oh and the no churn ice cream looks fantastic!

19. I just saw your previous post, but couldn’t comment ther efor some reason that you have a puppy!!!!! How exciting, looks so cute…..congrats! How are you coping with the flying of the nest? xx

I’ve been having comments problem. I thought I fixed it, guess not ? I’ll have to dig deeper. But yes, we rescued a senior dog from a local shelter and we are thrilled to have her! She’s helped everyone with the flying of the nest, what a blessing!