Oh no! I haven’t stung by a yellow jacket before, but I can imagine the terrible pain it does. I think you were the sweetest thing they found that time.
    😀 I wish you feel better really soon, Angie. Hugs!

Oh Angie! Poor you…. I feel your pain! I was stung once by something yellow – a bee, wasp or the jackets, I don’t know, but it hurt sooooo much! 5 times, I can’t even imagine! Lucky you are not allergic! Take good care of yourself!

It was probably a yellow jacket that got you ‘coz I’ve been stung by a bee, too, and I swear it wasn’t half this painful! It was over quickly. These lingered. I know I’m lucky I’m not allergic! Feeling better now, thanks! ?

3. Oh no! So sorry to hear about your stings! Can’t believe 5 times you poor thing! Hope you’re feeling better now 🙂 Have a great weekend!

4. Shari says:

I am really sorry, Angie! 🙁 That is so many bites. Even one would be bad, but 5? I would be feeling sorry for myself, too. I hope you are feeling better now!

Sorry to hear about the sting, Angie! You seem to be like my daughter, attractive to bugs that sting! I have never heard of yellow jacket and I am not eager to get aquatinted with it either. Hope you feel better soon!

6. I think it is a sign – even though they aren’t bees, you should make a bee-sting cake! The same thing happened to my daughter, too, all in one day. She was around 8, poor thing!

7. nimmiafzal says:

oh Angie dear..feeling so sorry for you,hope you are okay now! i also got stung by one when i was a kid!! still i can remember the pain..take care..

8. Jan Lipi says:

EEK! I’m allergic to bees so that would have sent me into a panic mode! The good news, hopefully, is they are out there pollinating the gardens!

These are wasps, do they help pollinate? I think they do help getting rid of the bad bugs, though, like aphids etc. but still I’d rather they don’t nest in my garden ?

9. Oh nooooo! That sounds painful!! So sorry to hear that! HOpe you are having a good weekend though, you deserve it <3

10. How terrible! You must have a nest somewhere nearby, it is sometimes difficult to find the nest but those yellow traps work pretty well. Thank you so much for featuring me this week. We are on vacation in Ashland, OR for the Shakespeare festival. I was absolutely surprised when I opened this week’s blog post. Enjoy the rest of summer.

I just googled the traps, didn’t know they existed! Thanks for the info, I’m going to give them a try. We love your one pan recipe! It sounds delicious and easy enough for a busy weeknight. Have fun in OR, Shakespeare festival sounds amazing! I wonder if there’s a Jane Austen festival; I’d go to that! ??

Stung 5 times? It sounds vile! You must have caught them at some sensitive time or been extra attractive to them! I hope you can enjoy the weekend and the week ahead despite the evil little yellow jackets! xx

I know, right?! Five freaking times!! Thankfully I’m back to normal now, just very slight redness. It’s been a busy weekend, lots of shopping, but nice nonetheless having time to spend with family ??

12. So flattered to be featured this week! I’m glad Su gets my sense of humor with trying to pull off that cake as healthy lol

Lol, who are you trying to fool, eh Haley?! But so whaaat?! It’s got all those berries! And one mint leaf, okay two, haha… Love that cake!! ?

Oh poor you Angie, 5 times? You hold some attraction for those yellow jackets I’m assuming? lol It brings to mind a few years ago when I was turning the compost on top of the hill in our backyard, I probably disturbed a ground hornets nest….at first I heard buzzing around, I thought they were flies, but then when I realized what they were, I ran down the hill with my pitchfork screaming and carrying on. What a sight that was!!! Glad yours ended on a good note. 🙂

Lol, Loretta, that must have been a sight! I’m so glad you outran them, haha… It’s no laughing matter, though. These insects are serious! I probably will do the same from now on anytime I hear a buzzing sound ??

14. Sorry to hear, Angie. A yellow jacket sting is an awful thing.