Detox Diet (really???) Salad with Almond Butter Dressing

1. Shari says:

This looks so wonderful, Angie! I am feeling the exact same way you are right now. And I would love to eat this whether I was detoxing or not. I love the texture and color of it. The dressing sounds so good, too. Saving this to make soon! Thank you!

Thanks, Shari! This is the kind of food you can eat a lot of, because it’s yummy, and not feel guilty after. And it doesn’t make you feel all bloated since it’s low carb ? Let me know what you think! XOXO

2. Sounds like me – tired and just don’t have that “get up and go”. Breaking all of the ingredients into smithereens is a terrific idea even for me! Love the dressing 🙂

3. Collin says:

This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it.

4. Norma Chang says:

I have been low energy lately and I blame it on the yoyo-ing weather. This salad is so pretty and healthy would enjoy any time. I too love the dressing.

The weather is definitely partly to blame, I agree. It’s a challenge to stay active in this condition! But since the weather is beyond our control, we can at least control our diet ?

5. Absolutely fantatsic salad Angie!
    I hope you feel better soon! ❤️

Yummmm, give me a big bowl of that dressing and a spoon, and I’ll be good to go 🙂 Actually I just bought almond butter from Trader Joe’s for the very first time, so I’ll put this healthy, delicious salad to the test. I think it is just in time for the warmer weather (if it ever gets here to stay).

Let me know what you think. I think you can also use the sauce on grilled meat, etc. Maybe add spices like cumin, coriander, etc. I think it’ll be wonderful. If you like peanut butter as much as I do, you’ll love almond butter! ??

7. Feeling quite the same so will have to try this delicious/ingenious/miraculous(??) dressing too!

8. Hi Angie, I’m sure you’ve been looking at shoofly pie recipes online. I just so happen to have “The Amish Cook’s Baking Book” which has a recipe for it. It’s a very nice book if you can get your hands on it.(B&N, Amazon). May I suggest that while you are browsing around at all the Amish cookbooks, listen to Dinah Shore or Bing Crosby sing “Shoofly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy” on youtube. “Swing” can get contagious! I’m not sure what the Amish would say about it though.

LOL!! I’m not sure the Amish would approve ?? That’s too funny. But I’m going to look up that book. Or better yet, maybe you can share the recipe with us ?

9. You’re hilarious! My husband thinks a slab of meat on a plate is all anyone needs. I’ve been feeling the same way and need to detox or what ever we want to call it or maybe just put the fork down? This salad looks delicious. I love this kind of food regardless of the reason why. I do want to see a shoofly pie though even though I don’t know what it really is.

I’m not sure what goes into shoo fly pies, either, but I can tell you it’s absolutely delicious! I might attempt it if it’s not too hard ? And I hear you about the husband situation. Mine just texted me to tell me he’ll be bringing home t-bone steaks. I guess I’ll be making steaks for dinner. There goes my detox! ??

10. It all sounds lovely to me, that’s my daily kind of food ?? I love the dressing recipe especially! X

11. Jenny says:

This salad looks like just what I need! I have been feeling really sluggish lately too, and need a jump start. I like the way you made the salad kid and husband-friendly. 🙂

I have to, Jenny ? They can be very picky eaters. It’s a challenge to make meals that satisfy everyone. Fortunately, this one was pretty much accepted by all ?

12. Antonia says:

What a wonderful salad Angie! I love the idea of an almond butter dressing. I have had peanut based, but never almond. I also love the combination of veggies. Just a great and I agree, very balanced meal.

Thanks, Antonia! You can definitely substitute peanut butter for the almond. They’re similar in taste. Supposedly almond is slightly healthier, that’s all. ?

13. Lol, that’s so true, isn’t it, about the disguising! I’m with you all the way but it’s my folks that always want the big meat meals – and ever since I’ve been helping them out, my food’s been all out of whack. Meat and Dessert, Carbs and Dessert, Dessert and Carbs. Well I’m making this and that salad sounds lovely!!

14. Gosh if a salad looks that good, I think I can convince a few naysayers here 😀 Happy detoxing Angie xx

15. Hey Angie,
    Just checking here to make sure that you are getting my emails? I sent the email 3 times since yesterday about the highlight from last week FF!!
    Hope you are keeping well!
    Sonal

No, I didn’t get it. I also had trouble sending you emails. I had to resend a few times. But hey, don’t worry, the post is done and is scheduled to be published in an hour or so. I can always edit it and include your selection(s) later.

16. This looks so yummy! Even though I have to admit EVERY time I tried to do a detox diet – or an any kind of diet – I miserably failed!!!