Clementine Chocolate Cake

1. Oh my thats a wonderful cake Angie. I am a huge fan of chocolate and orange and also love a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Well this has it all. Saved to evernote, love a cake that is not fussy.

It’s a good one, Suzanne! The cake itself is very easy to prepare. It’s my go-to cake recipe for whenever I need something quick. The chocolate dipped clementines take some time, but not too bad. And they’re very good with the salt & nuts. Make extra! 😀

2. I need and I want easy recipes. Compl X recipes and I run in opposite directions. This is just perfect Angie! Bookmarking it!!❤️

3. Actually I’m taking my coffee and I would love to have a generous slice of your gorgeous cake just in front of me, Angie. Looks amazing! 🙂

4. Looooove it! so easy and looks just so delicious 🙂

5. ChgoJohn says:

Just a few extra steps but the payoff was a beauty of a cake! Very nice, Angie, and well-timed. I like citrus this time of the year. Their colors give me something to look at besides the gray skies. I cook without recipes all of the time. It’s when I want people to eat my food that I follow recipes. 🙂

Before I started blogging, I rarely followed recipes very closely. Even when baking! But now I follow to a t and take copious notes! I have to if I want to share my recipes. Don’t wanna get angry emails! 🙂

How beautifully this comes together Angie. I also like that it’s not one of those double tiered cakes when you slave in the kitchen for hours on end. I think I can handle a 6″ cake all by myself? LOL. Seriously though, it is lovely, gorgeous photos and ever so tempting with the chocolate and clementine top! Well done!

No kidding, I only make those tiered cakes when the mood strikes and it doesn’t strike that often, haha… Easy cakes are the best. And with a little extra time spent on decorating, you end up with something that makes people think you’ve been slaving for hours! ?? Thanks, Loretta!

7. My kind of baking Angie! Easy peasy and you made the simple cake look like a million bucks with that adorable decorative flourish! Yum!

Thanks, Johanne! For working moms like us, recipes like this save the day! The clementines are truly addicting, though, so be warned! Make extra! So good! 🙂

8. That looks so yummy! And if there’s fruit in it it’s definitely healthy too, right? 😉 I bet it would even make good cup cakes.

9. Alexandretta says:

A. I’m really excited to try this cake! I love the no fuss factor. Also, have you thought about a Nutella ganache? I had a similar combination recently and cannot stop dreaming about it.

B. Congrats to (you and) your son!

10. Congrats to your son! I remember it being such a relief when I received my acceptance letter to a school I actually wanted to attend (and not my safety option). This cake looks delicious as always too! What a great way to celebrate!

It was a big relief to us; it’s so competitive these days. The cake was delicious. And you can make the chocolate dipped clementines, Kaila. So good!

11. tentimestea says:

Yes!! This is the sort of recipe I always need! I especially love it when the quantities are very easy to remember (1 stick, 1 cup, 1/2 cup and 2 eggs) as it becomes the sort of cake you can whip out anytime. Congratulations to the son–acceptance only comes after a quite a bit of hard work 🙂

Yah, me, too, I love easy to remember recipes. The part that slows me down in the kitchen is usually the reading and following recipes ? We’re all so proud of the son! At this point he probably can ask for anything and he’ll get it, but don’t tell him, lol!

12. foodyfrauke says:

Oh my god, that looks like the next cake in the long line of orange cakes I want to bake!
    Luckily I already started working my way through the delicious list 😉
    (Psst… Some of them are also featured on my blog)

13. Chocolate and orange are one of my favourite combos, your cake looks a real beauty Angie. I love the idea of using clementines, delicious. Pinned for later 🙂

14. egazdik says:

Hello!! I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it. Such clean photos!! And I can’t believe this cake… I’m loving the only-5-ingredients part. I’m a college student and the fewer the ingredients, the better!

Thank you so much! Well, as a working Mom, even though I just work part time, I appreciate easy recipes, too. I’m so glad you came by. I hope you like what you see and visit again in the future! ?

15. Margherita says:

I saw this cake on FB as soon you posted it… the idea of the two flavours together (clementine + chocolate) made my mouth watering more than once… it must be amazing!

It’s a winning combination! What I love most is the chocolate dipped clementines. I couldn’t get enough! I think I’ll make more soon. They’re a pretty healthy snack! Thanks, Margy! How’s the baby?

16. litadoolan says:

Looks mouth watering. I have pinned it to my Pinterest board for other cooks to enjoy. I have been away from your blog too long. It looks even more gorgeous than I remember! Happy Sunday.