French Toast Casserole (Skinny)

1. Totally love this. A fantastic breakfast or brunch or dessert . Hey I could eat it anytime!!!

Wow! This looks fabulously good, Angie! And I love it that it is a skinny one, though I don’t really care about the calorie thing. πŸ˜€ I also love that it’s a casserole dish, that means I don’t have to fry them on griddle one by one and be bored by just watching them to be done. Pop them in the oven and dance away until you smell those amazingness all over your house. πŸ˜€ I am saving this recipe and dream about it until I make them myself.

3. nimmiafzal says:

Wow.. Looks and sounds really yummy?!! And the term- skinny makes it more special!!

4. Nice! Like a version of bread and butter pudding? I reckon I could convert that to a savoury version, what do you think?
    Keep warm xx

5. As much as butter? Angie, you have a great big heart. LOL. I agree that there is only one thing to do on a cold snowy day and that is to cook, and this french toast would definitely be the comfort food perfect for the day.

We ALL definitely think of our stomachs when a blizzard hits, I know I did :). Your french toast casserole would have gone down a treat here at our house. We survived, but I wish it would hurry up and all melt LOL!

Still can go down a treat right now, Loretta! It’s also wonderful for sunshiny days. It’s sunny today, I’m happy, but still a little cold. I want to shed all my layering! Lol.

7. Does not look skinny just decadent! Love those pretty fluted bowls too! Julie, there are so many other things to do on snow days other than cook! Snowshoeing, shoveling, making snow angels, crafting….what did you think I was going to say!!!!

8. Ginger says:

Oooh, absolutely perfect for this weather!

9. Holy Moly…Puddingoy!! ? Sorry just made it up! ?
    Love that burrito bowl and this small dish of sin and greed is all marked down for baking and shaking this weekend! Will keep ya posted!!!

10. Nancy says:

So far I’ve only been extremely unsuccessful in the world of French toast casserole…but your photos alone have inspired me to go for it! Sounds and looks P E R F E C T! πŸ˜›

Oh, 2 feet of snow??? That’s enough to make me hunker down and cook delicious comfort food like this! It would soothe my soul for sure! πŸ˜€

There isn’t a whole lot to do when snowmageddon comes to town. Though Johanne might disagree! πŸ™‚ Give this a try, J, was really easy and yummy!

12. Sarah James @ Tales From The Kitchen Shed says:

Heard about the snow storm on the radio, no wonder you were cooking comfort food. Love the skinny French toast Angie, I’ve pinned for later. Love the photos x

Let me know what you think, Sarah. It really is quite fantastic even though I drastically reduced the fat content! No heavy cream or extra egg yolks, etc.

13. Hilda says:

That is a very tempting casserole, especially in this cold weather. I think by keeping it so skinny, I could be quite liberal with the maple syrup too.

14. This casserole looks amazing and would be welcomed by me anytime, snow or no snow!

15. Yum! I love this version, what a tasty treat! My sister had a ton of snow back home (just like you!), but I’m hiding out in the summer weather here in Australia. It was unseasonably cold yesterday- 70! Happy FF! πŸ˜€

70 deg? Now that IS JUST TOO COLD! Lol! You must love it there; that’s just perfect weather. Can’t get any more perfect than that! Next week it’s going to be in the 50s here and I’m so excited you’d think I’d won the lottery πŸ˜€

16. Linda says:

Love it! Anything French Toast is my favorite…and this fits that bill!! πŸ™‚

17. I hate snow! Hate, hate HATE it! But it would definitely be ore bearable with this french toast casserole, I’m kinda drooling here!

This French toast casserole is so tempting!! Happy weekend!

19. Love French toast casserole – I make one using Great Harvest Bread’s cinnamon bread πŸ™‚

20. ChgoJohn says:

This looks really good, Angie, but unless I’m snowed in with a few others, I won’t be making it during the next blizzard. I’d eat the whole darn thing in an embarrassingly short amount of time. Even so,it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to put a loaf of Challah bread in the freezer and check to make sure I’ve plenty of maple syrup. You know, just in case. πŸ˜‰

21. Somehow I didn’t manage to come through to look at this before, but it looks great! Such lovely photos. Your mix is actually pretty similar to what I always do – I’m obviously not the butter fan others are!

I love a little bit of butter here and there, but not too much! This one was just perfect for me since the challah is already pretty rich. Thanks, Caroline! XOXO