Burrito Bowl, Behold Everyone!

1. J Seaton says:

This looks fantastic! Also, I have never, nor will I ever, think “just a burrito bowl” πŸ˜‰

2. I love burrito bowls! I mean, seriously, what’s not to like? You have everything you can possibly want in a single bowl! I have never had carribean style burrito bowls before and I totally cannot want to give it a try, especially the fried plantains.

This one I’m really proud of I have to say. It’s just so good! I made it a couple of times now just to make sure the recipe is perfect and each time it’s been consistent. Now did you see this on your WP reader? I didn’t see it even though I’m following myself, lol! Btw, are you interested in co-hosting at all?

• I didn’t see it in my WordPress reader. I’m subscribed through email. Is Fiesta Friday directly linked to Novice Gardener through Jetpack? I think that’s how it works… It’s been awhile. lol.

When I first did self-hosting, I transferred everything to the new site. Paid wordpress to redirect all my old links to the new one. And installed jetpack so they’re connected. I think that’s how posts appear on the wordpress reader. Because our new sites don’t have that option. At least, not that I can see. There’s still so much I don’t know!

And I would definitely be interested in co-hosting =)

3. I had a good laugh over your political analysis there ;).
    And whoaaaaaa what a bowl there..what a bowl!! Bring it on and I can chomp on it minus the meat..and may be jerk some tofu there!!
    Love it!

4. That has got to be the most awesome burrito bowl and bowl! Also the most politically irreverent bowl too! I love the heaped up one with the layers of piped sauce. If you ever do a cookbook, that’s going on the cover!

Lol, you think so? I like eating it that way. I like mixing everything up, maybe thats why I like casseroles. The jerk marinade is a keeper, Johanne. Really is delicious. Like spoon-licking delicious! πŸ™‚

5. What a beautiful dish. I’ve never cooked my own plantains before but I love them.

6. Like it?! I LOVE it! Thank you for linking it up to Throwback Thursday and brightening up our day and out winter!! I can see myself kicking back and eating a bowl of this with my big, fuzzy purple slippers on, all cozy inside while it’s all frosty outside!!

Fuzzy purple slippers? I have such a vision! Lol, nothing bad, I used to have big fuzzy pink slippers. Now everything I own is beige and black, what gives? Am I getting old? I need to buy some purple things! πŸ™‚

OMG, Angie!! This burrito bowl is over the top! I am so bookmarking this and can’t wait to make it! Thanks so much for sharing with us! πŸ˜€

I hope you’ll give it a try and tell me what you think. Maybe write a post about it, link it, etc. Lol, not twisting your arm, just giving an idea. ‘Coz I just love it when people give me feedback or ways to improve my recipes ???

8. I love a recipe with lots of good ingredients, especially spicy ones, and your burrito bowl sure fits that criteria. Love the layers! What an election year – I have never seen anything like it – will be interesting to see the final outcome!

Yes, you’re right it’s a very interesting election year to say the least. I’m glad you like the burrito bowl. That jerk marinade is so good! I studied 3 different recipes, adjusted the ingredients and came up with a winner, IMHO.

• I just printed out your recipe – instead of bookmarking or pinning. That way it’s in my “to make file”. The jerk marinade does sound delicious πŸ™‚

Thanks, Judi! Let me know what you think or maybe you can improve it. But pin it as well on your board. I’ve been neglecting Pinterest but it’s still a great resource. I’m going to pin a few now from FF103.

So while reading and looking at your gorgeous photos, my mouth was watering. I should have never looked at your post when the last time I had my meal was 5 hours ago. This is over the top delicious, Angie. And let me tell you that I was so thrilled when I saw you coming over with these bowls. πŸ˜€

10. nusrat2010 says:

My my! Quite a bowlful beauty there! Make me one and I will sell my soul to ya πŸ™‚

11. Sandhya says:

Oh what a mouth watering burrito bowl this is! Love the layers of flavors in it.I have so many favorite flavors in this bowl.Pinning it!

12. Look at those photos! I could only go for the delicious plantains, coconut rice, and pineapple salsa because of my diet but that would be plenty for me! That would make a tasty bowl in itself!
    By the way, I hope the trees in your area “are just the right height”!

LOL! I have never in my life met anyone who would refer to trees the way Mitt did! He was so completely out of touch, although I have since viewed him more favorably especially after he boxed for charity. You can’t eat any meat?! Oh well, veggies are pretty delicious! πŸ™‚

13. CakePants says:

Wow, this looks like exactly the kind of food I’ve been craving lately! That jerk chicken and pineapple salsa would really hit the spot right now!

There is a LOT of yumminess in a bowl! I am not sure I would know where to start, with the spiced soured cream, the pineapple salsa, the jerk mix, the chicken. Wow! πŸ™‚ xx

15. Maggie says:

Oh, yummy! It looks amazing. I especially like the second photograph – so vibrant! I feel like I am looking right at the bowl! Umm, I love coconut rice and jerk chicken is amazing. I only ever had it once but the taste has remained with me. I love that you changed up and brought an extra splash of sunshine to the burrito bowl!