Potato Pumpkin Pancakes and Pizza

1. Oh my god, Angie! These look so amazing! I love how crispy they look! And I can just imagine how delicious they’ll be as pizza. Can’t wait to give these a try. Breakfast solved!

Thanks! They were very crispy when served immediately. So these aren’t something that I recommend you make ahead of time. But they were easy and quick to make. The breakfast pizza was really delicious! I highly recommend it, Andrea. I hope you’ll give it a try!

2. Angie, Wow!! love the latkes and the breakfast pancake, a simply marvelous idea. Also using some pumpkin or squash in the latkes is such a great idea. They look just beautiful and delicious and I am so glad to see you post a recipe again. YAY!!!

The pizza, especially, was so good! One thing though, make sure the eggs are really soft, almost runny b/c they’ll firm up a little more under the broiler. But yes, I highly recommend this! Thanks, Suzanne! πŸ™‚

3. Ginger says:

Stunning – they look and sound amazing, Angie! Glad to see you back πŸ™‚

4. These look amazing Angie! They remind me of the rosti we had in Switzerland and fell in love with! Perfect for any meal!

5. You have me laughing this mornig Angie but so happy to have you in your glory, cooking creatively with gorgeous photos to entice us to try your very creative fusion latke-pancakes! Love love love this concept! Had no idea canned pumpkin was not all it was thought to be! all the things you learn at FF!

Then my work here is done! That’s what it’s all about, Johanne, making people laugh πŸ˜€ I LOVE it when I can do that! The breakfast pizza was terrific! Give it a try!

6. Well, since I don’t have to keep kosher, it might be fun to enjoy these during the Hannukah season. Or try them with duck bacon. Yum. πŸ™‚

Duck bacon sounds even more amazing than regular bacon! And you know, I think the pizza will be good even without meat. It’s the combination of potatoes, eggs, and cheese that makes the dish. Thanks, Julia! Where have you been? πŸ˜€

• Super busy moving and adjusting to a new town where my kids have way more homework (which often requires my help) and I have more shuttling duties. I’ve missed Fiesta Fridays. Glad I could pop in this week!

7. Arl's World says:

What a delicious looking breakfast or brunch!! I love the pizza! Yummy, yummy …I am going to try this one, I think my sons would love it. Thanks Angie and Happy FF!! πŸ™‚

8. Love your train of thought! I didn’t know that about canned pumpkin, good to learn something new. And I much prefer butternut squash anyway. Great idea for a breakfast pizza.

Well, I found out about canned pumpkin b/c one time I did try making pumpkin pie with fresh pumpkin purΓ©e. Let’s just say it just wasn’t worth the trouble. But I think it has a lot to do with the variety of pumpkins. Some I assume are as good and sweet as butternut. They can’t all be that bad, haha… Thanks, Liz! πŸ™‚

9. Yo?! I’m telling yer kids! Actually, this tickled me. I guess it’s time to get away with using that wretched word. Is it a word? Anyway, loving the idea of both the latkes and breakfast pizza. But what are you using to shred the potatoes and pumpkin/squash (the latter best in flavour for pumpkin pie, no less). And I especially love that photo of the latkes in the pan/skillet.

It’s a word my kids aka tweens and teenagers use and I’m much too old to be considered either, haha… I used a super sharp mandolin to shred. Be careful! My skin got scraped a couple of times! Next time I’ll use a food processor! I’m glad you like that photo. I struggle with a dark/black background, but it makes for more dramatic photos. I’m going to keep learning! Thanks, Johnny! πŸ™‚

Now, I don’t even know if I am confused or not. Hahaha! Good one, Angie! You had me laughing during this lazy day of mine (translation: sleepy). The breakfast pizza really looks good and such a wonderful idea. Now, I want some! πŸ˜€

Oh yah, that always happens. When you’re sleepy, everything is funny, haha… You should really make the pizza. You can use turkey ham and bacon, or omit the meat entirely. You can add onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms! πŸ™‚

11. Yo dude! Loving those pancakes and even better as a pizza base – nice!
    I’ve got to be honest, it’s all about butternut squash for me, I really don’t like pumpkin, I keep trying it, but I’d really rather have the butternut πŸ™‚
    Nice to see you post again xx

Yo, Elaine!! Haha…I sound like my son! The pancakes were nice but the pizza the best. You should try it. Top it with lots of roasted veggies and your excellent dips! Mmm…maybe I should try that myself! Same here with pumpkins, I do keep trying to like them. Some are better than others but really, none can best butternut πŸ˜€

Yo, Angie!! I love your new take on pancakes and pizza! And seriously? I had no idea that I have been eating butternut squash pie all of these years! πŸ™‚

Hey, yo, Julianna! How is the new house coming along? More importantly, the kitchen! I’m still holding on to your share of Twinkle 2.0. Let me know when to send it. Email me your address. I’ve been making sourdough this and that all this time, many of them quite successfully. Just haven’t been able to blog about them. So yeah, you should definitely jump on the band wagon. Just say it and I’ll send you some! πŸ™‚

13. Angie these are so clever and so hip right now – is that still an acceptable word? Probably not!!

I hope you’ll bring these by to Throwback Thursday – it’s about 4 posts down on my blog, that is if you’d like to party there, too! πŸ™‚

Oh yah, I forgot to link. I’ll do that right now. Thanks for the reminder! I have no idea what words are acceptable or not these days. Sometimes things come out of my mouth and I get these looks from my kids!! πŸ˜€

14. What a fabulous recipe Angie, I so have to try these. I love anything with butternut squash or pumpkin & these look delicious, I’ve got a few homegrown butternut squash stored in my pantry, pinned for later πŸ™‚

Oh how nice to have homegrown butternut squash. I planted black futsu squash this year and got one, you read that right, ONE squash! And that’s why in my other life (read: blog) I’m known as TheNoviceGardener, haha… I hope you’ll give this a try, Sarah. It really was fantastic! πŸ™‚

15. I don’t want to sound like I’m promoting our party on your page, but the more the merrier, I think!