Makeover Banana Nut Muffins

1. Wow, when something is actualy good for you and tastes good it’s a rarity. I can tell these muffins are a real find, I have to try them because I eat too much sugar and butter through my baked goods. These are wonderful, lower gluten too!! They look amazing and i bet that it would bake into a delicious loaf also.

Yes, I’m pretty sure you can bake this into a loaf. Not sure how long that will take in the oven, though, probably more than 30 minutes? Depending on the size. I was patting myself on the back when I saw even my son (the pickiest eater among us) wolfing these down. Made me feel good knowing I made him something healthy to eat. But you tell me what you think if you do try them, and be honest. Maybe you can improve even improve the recipe and I’ll be all ears! πŸ™‚

• I will give them a try. Have to let some banana’s get extra ripe first. I let them get almost to that stage and freeze them for smoothies. I will let them sit and make these muffins, Yum,

I love these makeover banana nut muffins. This is the way my kids love it too.. They don’t care for the bread version. I haven’t tried adding yogurt or buttermilk. Will try that the next time. Have a good weekend.

This is right up your alley, right, Su? Healthy treats for the kiddies. I’ve always been a buttermilk fan but now I’m starting to think yogurt is right up there, too, in baked goods. I think it’s a great substitute for butter, though not flavor-wise.

3. Kaila says:

These look fantastic! I love how you modified the recipe, so your family could enjoy a healthier version all day long. When I cook something that I really like, it’s gone in two seconds. The super ripe bananas make these sound delicious as well. Hope you’re enjoying a beautiful weekend!! πŸ˜€

Thanks! Anything for my family πŸ™‚ You can probably modify the recipe further and make it GF, Kaila. Maybe with GF oat flour? I should experiment. How’s co-hosting going? I hope you’re having fun! XOXO

• Kaila says:

Yeah, it’s definitely doable! Probably some hemp milk for buttermilk too. It’d be different, but a good base recipe. Co-hosting is going beautifully. I’m having so much fun at this week’s fiesta- lots of pumpkin treats! Yum! XX

4. ChgoJohn says:

These do look good and I do love banana muffins. I’ll take your comment about them being inhaled as a warning to myself. When I bake muffins, as soon as they are cool, they get bagged and placed in my freezer in the basement. It’s the only way they’ll last. I may have to bag these up while still warm. πŸ™‚

Hi, John! Long time no hear! Probably my fault since I haven’t been able to visit your blog as much as I SHOULD! I always found inspiration when I did. I should have bagged and frozen them, but really they didn’t give me any chance! πŸ˜€

• ChgoJohn says:

Not your fault in the slightest. I’ve been away for much of the year, only returning on the 23rd of last month. Now I’ll be gone again for the next 2 weeks so that I can host a very special visitor from Michigan.
        πŸ˜‰

5. milkandbun says:

I’ve made banana muffins few times and every time I got something lumpy and wet.. but banana bread (I think it’s a bit similar to muffins) always turns out great.. I should try your recipe, Angie! πŸ™‚ Can I omit coconut oil or use something else?

I’m sure you can make this into banana bread, Mila. Just remember to bake it longer, depending on the size of your loaf pan, of course. You can try the original recipe that doesn’t use coconut milk or use cooking oil. Or use more butter. Trust me, these muffins are lump-free πŸ˜€

6. Amazing Angie! ❀️
    I totally hear ya…instead of policing everybody on making better choices, cook/bake something deliciously heathy at home. These fit the bracket so well and I am loving your beautiful morning pictures..brightening my day.

7. Looking good!!! And obviously a great success ☺️☺️☺️ Makes it all worth it doesn’t it? xx

8. Haha, I cant blame your husband for ‘nailing them’ πŸ˜€ They look so good! Since I perpetually have ripe to the extent of almost rotten bananas, I’m gonna try these soon! Thanks Angie xx

You and I both, Naina. Somehow, there are always brown bananas around. They used to go in the compost bins, but now I think I’ll freeze them instead so I can make more muffins πŸ™‚ Let me know what you think. The original recipe is, of course, slightly better. But only slightly! Plus you feel guilty eating too much of it. But not these! πŸ˜€

9. Bananas are my love language! So whenever I can come across a recipe that I haven’t seen before I get so excited! Keeping this one for sure! Thank you so much for sharing with us at #ThrowbackThursday we hope to see you again this week!

10. I don’t think that if I made these muffins they would make it past 8 am! My boys would scarf these up in a heartbeat! I buy bananas by the ruck-load so I always have some ripe ones ready to go! Thanks for sharing with Saucy Saturdays!

11. I love that this looks so delicious, but its good for you too!! My husband is the same – I have to fight him off from the food when I make something until after I’ve taken photos (if it’s for the blog!!)! I love making Banana Muffins, and I have to try this recipe next time! πŸ™‚

12. skd says:

Aah!!! I know the satisfaction when you make something delicious which is actually healthy.Cant blame your family Angie. I can imagine how your home must have been filled with that delicious aroma and those banana beauties giving those come hither looks …haha…they deserve a pat on the back for leaving some on the plate ?

These muffins did have that enticing aroma and that come hither looks about them, LOL! But I’m glad I was able to cut down on the calories. Such a job to be the food police. I’d rather be doing something else! πŸ™‚

13. Sarah James says:

What a fab recipe Angie, much better to have a healthier version to snack on. I love the idea of using coconut oil and buttermilk. Need to let some bananas develop some spots πŸ™‚

I’m not always a healthy eater. I eat too much red meat, for one thing! But it feels good to skinny-fy some recipes sometimes. And I just totally made up a word, haha…

14. Liz says:

Looks delicious! You have some great ideas here.