Can you hear me…, Selma?

1. What a beautiful post and yes Angie I believe that Selma heard you and knows how much she was loved and appreciated.

2. She hears you, love. And she is smiling down on you right now.. <3

3. Soooo heart touching! I bet she hears you.❤️

4. Sue says:

omg this one killed me. something about the refrain you chose and the format . . . I am a puddle of tears. I feel for sure that Selma can hear you. What a sweet, sweet post and of course the darn cakes look delicious. So sunny and bright. xxsue

5. A.M.B. says:

This is such a touching post. Selma’s influence clearly lives on.

6. Hilda says:

Lovely post and tribute. I do hope your darling romanesco plant does well after all the care you are giving it.

Thank you, Hilda. I, too, hope the plant will continue to grow. It’s pretty scrawny. I might give it more compost. But I read the leaves are edible, just like any brassica. I can at least eat the leaves. 🙂

7. Jess says:

Beautiful post Angie. We’ll all miss our dear Selma so very much. R.I.P.

8. Norma Chang says:

I agree with all the commenters, this is a beautiful post that brought tears to my eyes. Yes, she heard you.

What a very beautiful post, Angie. This brought tears to my eyes, but smiling at the same time. Your cakes look so pretty and I love yellow, too. I always call it the color of happiness.

I am so excited to see your plant grow, the Semolina cake and the bread using Twinkle 2.0. Selma would have been so excited as well. She loved you so dearly, Angie. And yes, I bet Selma can hear you.

Hugs back,
    Jhuls

The semolina cake is doable, Jhuls. Even the sourdough bread can be achieved, I think. But the growing? That’s another animal altogether. I mean it, it really depends on the animals out there. Also Mother Nature. That’s what makes gardening such a struggle for me. Remember, I’m TheNoviceGardener 😀 Thanks for being here, darling XOXO

10. This was a beautiful post Angie even though I can feel your grief from here. She meant so much to so many, and we are definitely grieving. I have some Twinkle as well and haven’t had the nerve to use it. I think she is adding her sparkle to the heavens, and love every bit of our Fiesta Friday tributes.

11. Lovely post Angie. Brought tears to my eyes. I am sure Selma is watching and will always be around to guide and inspire us. Hugs

12. Shari says:

Angie, This was so well written and such a sweet tribute to Selma. It really sums up the sadness everyone feels and the impact she had on others. Thank you for sharing it.

13. A very touching post to read Angie! I can only imagine you were very teary writing it. Sending you hugs. M.xx

14. This is a beautiful and poignant tribute to Selma. I’m sure she has a smile on her face and she can hear you, Angie. xx

15. I am lost for words 🙁
    I’m crying with you Angie and feeling your loss xx

16. Awe that made me tear up I love the way you wrote this Angie <3

17. nowathome says:

Such a beautiful post!

18. Perfect tribute Angie – I just sent you three pages of instructions on Twinkle sent to me from Selma. I’m glad I kept them! There’s a lot of info and not just on reviving Twinkle. Follow directions and you will create your own daughter of Twinkle!

19. skd says:

That’s a heartfelt tribute Angie. My heart missed a beat and my eyes all welled up. I can understand how you feel. Selma would have been touched. After seeing so many tributes, I think we can conclude that Selmas blogging is a ‘success story’ in itself. Being loved and inspired by so many people is no ordinary achievement.

20. Angie… I was tearing up reading this! It’s so beautiful!
    I never was lucky enough to know Selma in person, or have had the chance to get to know her better… It makes you realize how short our lives are and how much of an impact we can leave ,even if we only “meet” briefly! I love this tribute to her… and I am already starting a sourdough starter (i’m sure it won’t be like Twinkle) in honour of her, and will think of her everytime I use it!

Aaw…you have a tender heart, Dini. It’s the reason you’re such a compassionate person. I believe you don’t need to know another well to feel for him or her. We’re all connected in some ways, aren’t we? I’m hoping I can generate Twinkle 2.0 to share. No promises, ok, never worked with sourdough before 🙂

What a warm and heartfelt tribute to Selma – you’ve got everyone in tears again Angie, so beautifully sincere and eloquently written , you can’t help but reach out and hug each other all over again. Thanks for that, sometimes I wake up and feel it was a bad dream, but then reality hits….. God Bless,

22. What a lovely tribute, Angie. If she will hear anything I think it will definitely be such beautiful words as these. I’ve also found myself prompted to think about doing various things as a result of the news, lets hope I can stick to them. It’s so nice to read all the tribute posts, but especially ones from people like yourself who knew her better. A sad loss, but so many ways to fondly remember her.

Aaw…thank you so much, Caroline. I know what you mean about planning and sticking to it. I actually bought those things, semolina, bench scraper, Romanesco seeds, etc. a while ago but never got around to doing anything with them. Well, except the seeds which I planted. But I never told Selma. I wish I had. I’d like to think she can hear me. Thanks for your kind words. XOXO

23. What a beautiful post ?❤️❤️

24. Patty Nguyen says:

Oh Angie, your post title made me tear up and the rest of the post made me cry. <3 <3 <3

Oh Angie, I am sure that Selma can hear you and that she is smiling down on her lovely blogging community. Your tribute is so very touching. I have never tried using sourdough before, but when I finally get moved into my new home, I may ask you for a bit of Twinkle 2.0 and launch myself into a new project. What a wonderful way to keep up a connection with Selma! 😀

Oh hey, how is the move? It must be hectic but fun, too, no? I will definitely share Twinkle 2.0 with you, Julianna. And everybody else who wants some of it. I can’t think of any better way to spread our love of Selma! XOXO

26. Lili says:

Such a lovely moving tribute Angie. And a tribute that continues with Twinkle. x

What a lovely, lovely blog! I am sure Selma can hear you and is smiling! I love how twinkle is being shared and keeps on giving 🙂

Let me know if you’d like some Twinkle 2.0. I made some, just haven’t tried it yet. I’m pretty sure it’s viable; I followed the instructions to a t.

• petra08 says:

I might take you up on that! Am still workign up my courage to actually bake a bread. Last time I made a loaf I could have used it as a weapon as it was so heavy! 🙂